What's new

Pirate's Cove Soap Works

Has anyone on this forum tried any of the Pirate's Cove soaps? I like the idea of smelling like a well groomed pirate. I was wondering how pungent and pleasant the different soaps they offer are? Since I can't handle and smell the pucks themselves before buying. I'd love to know if anyone has tried any of the scents. Thanks everyone.

I've got 5 on the way atm.

I read too many great things about them to ignore. Tom (the owner/soapmaker) is a top bloke, and was really fast, even around Xmas time.

They should be here in Oz early next week, I'd imagine.

The Bay Rum combinations the man has proves he's pirate to the (cross) bone

I just received the bay rum the other day. It smells very nice. I will be using it for the first time tonight.

After reading this thread and links that Luc provided, I ordered 6 pucks of this soap. I ordered Sandlewood, Bay Rum, Bay Rum & Ginger, Menthol, Mandarin, and Lime. I got them yesterday and they all smell really nice. So far I have only used the Lime, but it lathered quite nicely although it seemed to dry quicker than my VDH deluxe does. Tomorrow I will try the Menthol, which really smells a lot more like Peppermint rather than a generic Menthol smell. All 6 pucks cost me $30.00 including the shipping and the shipping was FAST. The only complaint I have about any of them is what other reviewers have said, the tissue paper they are wrapped in is a real ***** to get off. After you get the main part of it off you will have to run them under some water to get the last little bits. I figure 6 pucks of this, plus my VDH, plus my Proraso cream will keep shaving for most of the year.

Absolutely one of my favorite makers. I have gone through pucks of the Coconut(fantastic smell!!). Currently using his Old Spice and have Bay Rum & Ginger,Lime and a backup of the Coconut waiting in the wings.

Top Bottom