What's new

Multiple Brushes - Multiple Stands?

Now that I will have (or will have soon) a couple brushes in the rotation - do I need two brush stands? I figure if the brush I am not using is dry - it does not need to be in a brush stand. True?

Now that I will have (or will have soon) a couple brushes in the rotation - do I need two brush stands? I figure if the brush I am not using is dry - it does not need to be in a brush stand. True?

That's true but I like a lot to see all the brushes face down, like a troope's inspection. :lol:

Even if I wanted another stand the wife already claims most of the counter space anyway!

If you do have the space you can try your local mall. They sell some cheap 5 dollar stands at Art of Shaving Stores but you have to ask for them. I think they are pretty nice but not fancy.

Some people want their stuff off the counter.
Small shallow shelves work well.
I keep my rotation in 2 racks.
proxy.php

No, you don't need a stand, but brushes do look nice in their own stand. I have 6 in my rotation, all in their own ivory plastic stand. The stands don't cost a lot, but they do look neat all lined up.

You could stand them brush side up in their handle's is you want, but IMHO they look better brush side down. :thumbup1:

If you decide to go with a stand, I recommend the ones from bestgroomingtools.com. I got mine there for about $4 if I'm not mistaken and they come with an adhesive pad on the back should you want to attach it to the wall. I don't really use a stand anymore, but that is the best cheap solution I have come across outside of making your own.

If you decide to go with a stand, I recommend the ones from bestgroomingtools.com. I got mine there for about $4 if I'm not mistaken and they come with an adhesive pad on the back should you want to attach it to the wall. I don't really use a stand anymore, but that is the best cheap solution I have come across outside of making your own.

Just a note on these stands. These are very nice stands, I have several myself, but the ones they have are for smaller knot brushes, up to 22mm. If you have a larger knot brush Classic Shaving has stands the will take up to a 30mm brush. They cost about $2.00 more. :001_rolle

I only have one stand, and use it for whichever brush I used during the previous shave, or intend to use for the next shave. I suppose if your brushes are of varying size one stand may not fit all, but all of my brushes are roughly 3/1 sized and fit in the same stand :p

Top Bottom