What's new

Coffee maker?

B

bluefoxicy

Hey what's with these "electric kettles" for boiling water?

Why not a coffee maker? Boiled, distilled water, no hard water anymore, better lather. Seriously it evaporates and then condenses, it's boiling.

... though many modern coffee makers seem to be based on thermal pumping, heating water such that it flows through a tube due to pressure differences. I had one that actually boiled the reservoir and had an arm above which provided a cooling/condensation surface, resulting in a continuous drip.

... oh.

Right.

I could pour fermented potatoes in that and brew a pot of vodka.

This is probably why they don't make 'em that way anymore...

I use a french press, that is why I have an electric kettle. It is faster and more efficient than boiling water on the stove. A lot of electric kettle users have them for tea preparation, since a lot of the kettles allow you to heat the water to the proper temperature for a particular type of tea.

+1 for the hot water kettle, I have a breville used only to heat water for my french press coffee & loose teas or whatever else requires hot water. It is fast, small & shuts off when the temp has been reached. There are markings that indicate the volume I pour in it.

Pretty much set it and forget it, thats why.

Last edited:
If I put some soap and water in my Moka pot, would hot lather come out??? :laugh: That'd be kinda neat until I tried to use the pot to make coffee - might taste kinda funky.

Last edited:
Try one of these guys. Capresso. Fast boil, small footprint, or do it in the kitchen and put the hot water in a carafe.

If I did use my Moka pot and just put in water, soap and coffee then I could just put the lather in a cup and have a cuppa !! Right ?? LOL:thumbup:
Oops gotta remember to take my medication.

What about using an electric water pot dispenser? If you drink a lot of coffee/tea/cocoa throughout the day you'll always have hot water on hand. It comes in great for warming up the Scuttle too. I drink a lot of hot beverages and its nice to always have hot water whenever i need it.

proxy.php

:thumbup::thumbup:I guess I'm way behind you guys with all of the new coffee making contraptions. I still love my stove top PERKED coffee. I use a 12 cup stove top percolator that I've had for years made of stainless steel. After I brew the pot for 7 minutes, and it settles down, I transfer the contents into a stainless steel Nissan carafe where it stays hot all day long. These percolators still make great coffee and never burns out like those electrics do. Cheers

Top Bottom