What's new

Shaving sucks, considering laser beard removal...

People who have done this report permanent red bumps on the face.

I would avoid it.

And this is coming from someone who believes minor surgery is surgery performed on anyone but me.

Well I know it's not the same but my wife spent over $1,000 on laser hair removal of an area quite farther south of the face and five years later it is growing back......So.....just something to think about! LOL

Just curiuos, but what do you hate about shaving?

I also considered the laser hair removal but decided against it because of cost, possible patchiness and the fact that it is permanent. Who knows, maybe when I'm out of the workforce, I may want to grow a santa like beard. My beard growth is extremely thick, coarse and fast...I would bet a significant amount it is the most on this board.

Anyways, I have been wet shaving for a year and I now look forward to shaving about 80% of the time. I use good creams/soaps with a quality brush (only $30) and I still use a cartridge (fusion or mach3). At the very least you should give this a try and then see how you feel.

Laser hair removal is expensive.
As a lady I've only looks into it for other areas but firstly, you have to get each area treated 6 - 8 times (minimum). They have to do it bit by bit in tiny sections. It is a very long process. You have to wait in between each session too to let the hair grow a bit and then you have to shave right before the session so that the laser is targeting the pigment right on the skin.

And, contrary to popular belief, it is not always permanent. Any slight change of hormones in your body can make them start to grow again.

I have a friend with dark black hair who got her whole bikini line done... it cost her 800euros. Within a year it started to grow back and all she was told was that she could go for another 8 sessions and it might last a bit longer this time.

It's very hit and miss. I'm sure it works perfectly for some people.

Yeah, from what I've heard there's no guarantee it'll be permenant, (heard from several people for whom it was not), it's a long process, it's expensive, and it stings like a mother.

Seems like too much cost, not enough benefit to me.

First of all I love shaving and especially straight razor shaving.

I am thinking about getting this done to remove some hair on my neck and maybe thin out some areas.

I have some areas on my face that are thick and then some places they have only a few hairs.

I want to do a little of the neck because my beard comes down pretty far on my neckline.

This is like going onto a golf board and saying golfing sucks.

Or going onto a Star Trek trekkie board and saying Star Trek was the stupidest show ever.

What is wrong with you, man? :001_huh::blink::thumbdown:bored:

J

jamesk20

This is like going onto a golf board and saying golfing sucks.

Or going onto a Star Trek trekkie board and saying Star Trek was the stupidest show ever.

What is wrong with you, man? :001_huh::blink::thumbdown:bored:

i use to feel the same way....but now i LOVE shaving as of christmas day when i got my first DE razor!!

I imagine the feeling of lasering off all your facial hair would be like no razor burn i have ever experienced. Wouldnt recommend it.

I actually tried to get my beard removed a few years ago. They told me it would require six full sessions, 6 weeks apart (if I remember correctly). I think it cost around $1300 for the first three sessions, and it hurt like hell. I was also told that it would require maintenence (additional sessions). Now, 3 years later, my beard is thicker than ever, and my razor gets little to no rest. :) But really, do you want it merely for the convenience of not having to shave, or because your shaving experience is less than optimal?

It should also be noted that I could tell no difference in my beard growth after the three sessions.

Anyways, I have been wet shaving for a year and I now look forward to shaving about 80% of the time. I use good creams/soaps with a quality brush (only $30) and I still use a cartridge (fusion or mach3). At the very least you should give this a try and then see how you feel.

Yeah, definitely give wetshaving a try before you do anything drastic. It's a real game-changer for a lot of guys.

Top Bottom