What's new

Japanese aftershaves

After seeing an offer recently in BST for some Japanese aftershaves, my interest is piqued.

I know they're out there, but is anyone familiar with MG5, Bravas, or Mandom? Familiar as in has it and uses it regularly. Which more common aftershaves could they be compared to? I gather that MG5 and Bravas are made by Shiseido, which is a rather prestigious company in most parts of the world.

I want to come home one day, rip off my shirt, light my favorite pipe and splash on some Mandom just like Charles Bronson did.:biggrin1:

oldblue

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
:biggrin:

MG5 and Bravas are more 'soapy' sent-wise, barbershop.

Mandom is fruity (I think Thunderball (Dave) was saying Mandarines which I think is correct).

All 3 are worth trying and are awesome.

I finished my MG5, almost done with Bravas and use Mandom on special occasions!

My only advice, do not apply like Charles Bronson with a source of fire close to it!

I just used MG5 this morning. It's fantastic--the soapy barbershop is highlighed by a nice warm citrus. Although I think that I went a shave too far with my blade, the MG5 fixed me up right away.

I have the green Auslese, and the purple Auslese trocken.The green is light citrus type scent and the purple has a very light floral scent.Both actually moisturize the face,no dry burned out skin after application.Bravas has a more bold fragrance that lingers longer with a tiny touch of a menthol kick,no where near as much as Aqua Velva.I really like the Auslese stuff,there is also a aftershave cream that comes in a little jar,similar in looks to the pre/post Proraso.Also an Auslese light aftershave, have not tried either of these though.

Top Bottom