What's new

So heres my first setup

Well here it is: my first official DE setup. Been at it about two weeks and let me tell ya, I'm lovin it. No razor burn and my face is gettin smoother. And man do I feel good after the shave, like a million bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice setup, I like the photo. How do you like the musk? Been tempted by it, never actually see it in stores here.

Nice setup, I like the photo. How do you like the musk? Been tempted by it, never actually see it in stores here.

I love it and does the wife. It is stong at first but mellows after a while and hangs around all day. Do yourself a favor and pick some up, its cheap too. I paid 3 something for it at the grocery store.

I love it and does the wife. It is stong at first but mellows after a while and hangs around all day. Do yourself a favor and pick some up, its cheap too. I paid 3 something for it at the grocery store.

I think I may, going to check more places for it, seen only the ice so far. Thanks

Wonderful starter setup.

One can't go wrong with a Vintage Gillette Tech, and yours is super shiny!!

C.O. Bigelow/ Proraso should be in every wet shavers den, and the C.O. Bigelow Aftershave Balms are very good quality products; I have the Elixir Green myself at the moment, and quite enjoy it. :001_tongu

By the way, what are you using for blades?

Happy shaving!!

Blades are the one thing I will for sure need to upgrade. I started with a pack of old gillette super stainless that my grandma had hanging around and also some personna from walmart. The personna is better but I know there is better yet. I will be looking into getting some others as well like: Feather, Derby, Shark, Personna Red, and Gillette 7 o'clock. Was going to buy a pack of each at WCS but they were sold out of the 7 o'clocks. Maybie a sampler pack but pretty sure I just want to try these for now.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Blades are the one thing I will for sure need to upgrade. I started with a pack of old gillette super stainless that my grandma had hanging around and also some personna from walmart. The personna is better but I know there is better yet. I will be looking into getting some others as well like: Feather, Derby, Shark, Personna Red, and Gillette 7 o'clock. Was going to buy a pack of each at WCS but they were sold out of the 7 o'clocks. Maybie a sampler pack but pretty sure I just want to try these for now.

Sampler pack is a good idea because everyone is different when it comes to blades.
I travel a lot, and I use the Walmart Personnas when I am traveling because they are plentiful and work very well.
With a sampler pack you can find what works best for you, your skin and beard type.

Blades are the one thing I will for sure need to upgrade. I started with a pack of old gillette super stainless that my grandma had hanging around and also some personna from walmart. The personna is better but I know there is better yet.

The Wal-Mart Personna's are passable blades. In my experience, they gave me more weepers than I was accustomed too, but they are far from the worst blades on the market.

Check out these two links, they seem to have the blades in stock that you want, and Phil is an awesome vendor to do business with, with super fast shipping:

Blade Samplers @ Bullgoose Shaving

Razor blades @ Bullgoose Shaving

Great starter set up! The Tech is an excellent beginner razor and will probably find time in your rotation even after you move on to other things.

Looks like you've got everything you need! :thumbup1:

+1 on the blade sampler though...definitely worth finding out which blades work best for you.

Top Bottom