What's new

First Fountain Pen

I finally gave in today. I've been considering getting fountain pen, but haven't broke down and done it. Today I was close to a Staples and had looked at them there, so I felt my Christmas money burning my pocket, so I picked up a Cross Aventura. I had considered a Lamy, but I would have ordered it and with shipping it would have cost about the same as this pen, so I got this one. They had it in blue or black, so I went with the classic black color. I haven't used it much, I won't be using it for work, because I work in fairly rough conditions, but I'll probally be accepting a new job next week and I figure it will get more work then. I can't belive how smooth this pen writes. I'm currently using a Black n' Red book for a journal, and it's so smooth, I can't belive it. Seems to be a great pen from what little I've used it. I had a ball point Cross at one time (then I lost it), and I liked the quality of it, hopefully this pen will give me the same great usage.

But unfortunately, in my line of work, I have little need for a pen. Pretty much everything I do is based on computer.

I should get another one sometime.

I've got a Cross Titanium fountain pen (along with matching roller ball and ball point). I love the Cross fountain pen. I bought it when I got a new job about 8 years ago. I've just got a new job so I treated myself to the matching ballpoint and roller ball.
I find that fountain pens write so much better on quality thick paper.

Hi Jason,

As a collector and user of fountain pens for the past 2/3 of my life, I will give you this advice...

If you do a lot of writing every day...forms, reports, forms about reports, reports about forms, letters, flyers, bills, cheques...Or maybe you're a teacher or a lecturer and you're marking papers all day...

GET A FOUNTAIN PEN.

Your wallet will thank you.

Your wrist will thank you.

I will thank you.

Fountain pens are excellent for people who have to do a lot of writing, because, as you've discovered, they need NO pressure to work with. They work entirely by gravity and capillary action, so you don't have to do a thing but guide the pen and think.

I speak from experience here. I'm a student. And you never do more writing than when you're a student. Without a fountain pen, I would never have passed highschool or university.

I use my trusty Lamy Safaris everyday! Not the most expensive pens out there but certainly good enough for this chicken-scratcher. :001_smile

Top Bottom