What's new

What briefcase do you use?

I'm just about to go back to an office based job after working mostly from home for the last few years. I used to use Crumpler bags (I know the owner) because I got them cheap and they are a great bag. Now I want something more formal so I've just picked up this leather satchel off eBay.

proxy.php

proxy.php

What's your thoughts on using the black leather satchel? I like them because I reckon they are stylish and never go out of fashion.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have a thin black one myself, and when I lived in Germany (pre-laptop days...) I used it daily. Now I have a large Hartmann bag.

I am in airports every week. I use a TSA briefcase that allows me to send my bag through security without having to take my computer out.

I agree that a leather case never goes out of style but they don't always hold up well to a lot of travel. This is particularly true if you have to shove it under the seat in front of you all the time. You said you are in an office, not sure if your new gig involves travel. I have been using a Briggs & Riley in ballistic nylon for years and it still looks almost new. Just a bit of wear at the edges and the finish on the zipper pulls.

The satchel style bags in leather are the "in" briefcase, but I have issues with not being able to see in them.

I carry a Zero Haliburton aluminum thing and put up with all the "cocaine dealer" or "spy" comments.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I am in airports every week. I use a TSA briefcase that allows me to send my bag through security without having to take my computer out.

Looks like you are lucky, I have seen it several times this year that people with these TSA briefcases had to take their laptops out - the screeners made them do it.

i have the large saddleback leather briefcase. it is great and fit everything i need along with my laptop. it also converts into a backpack if you are on a long walk it can make life easier. it has also aged VERY well. it looks better every day. (no i do not work for them nor am I related).

I don't use any, nor have I seen any in my work place for many years. Most folks here use day packs, satchels, messenger bags and the like - but not briefcases.

I use a nice white canvas and black leather Klein tool bag with handle and a shoulder strap. Nice strong bag and plenty of room for my laptop, thermal coffee mug, reading material, files, compact umbrella etc. Works like a charm and more geared for men.:thumbup1:

I have a brown leather Coach briefcase very similar to your black one which I use for everyday back and forth to the office stuff. I've had it for no less than 10 years, and it will easily last another 10.

I use the Saddleback Leather Briefcase

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/130-briefcase-category

I have the Extra Large and the Medium sizes. I use the Medium size every day. It is my portable office. The Extra Large is HUGE, can easily carry two 17-inch laptops with all power and cabling, notepad, accessories and still have room for your dopp kit and a change of clothes or two. It was too big for me, it sat in the corner for a long time until I gave it to my son-in-law.

Yes they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. No zippers, buttons or snaps to break :001_smile

If I had to do it all over again and buy only one, it would be the Large Briefcase.

Filson Original briefcase. I don't have a laptop and only carry papers and a few accessories. I wanted something decidedly unbulky, with classic leanings. The Filson is perfect.

I use the Saddleback Leather Briefcase

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/130-briefcase-category

I have the Extra Large and the Medium sizes. I use the Medium size every day. It is my portable office. The Extra Large is HUGE, can easily carry two 17-inch laptops with all power and cabling, notepad, accessories and still have room for your dopp kit and a change of clothes or two. It was too big for me, it sat in the corner for a long time until I gave it to my son-in-law.

Yes they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. No zippers, buttons or snaps to break :001_smile

If I had to do it all over again and buy only one, it would be the Large Briefcase.

Does anybody ever travel with their Saddleback briefcases? I'm in the market for one but want to make sure it will fit under an airplane seat/ I'm thinking either medium or large...

Top Bottom