What's new

Be careful what you wish for!

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas my left foot! Worst blizzard in Oklahoma history! I've been driving in it all day and I am finally done. Okies can barely drive in the rain, much less snow. I was a truck driver for seven years and a service tech for the last 13 in this state and this was the first time I thought " I am not going to make it home." Luckily experience and a bad attitude saw me through.

Same here! There is a possibility that we may have a white Christmas. We had snow flurries all afternoon. I must admit that I have never seen a white Christmas.

DL

We got lucky with the snow amounts here, but I wish mother nature would have kept the freezing rain and sleet to herself.

Everybody is complaining over the blizzard here in OKC, I'm by Tinker AFB, and I'm loving it. I already had all my Christmas shopping done and went to the grocery store yesterday when I heard the snow was coming. Might also have to do with the fact that my father was stationed in Upstate NY for 12 years and I was born in Vermont. This blizzard has nothing on what I've been through. To everybody in OK have a Merry White Christmas! :biggrin1:

Good luck to you guys in OKC, I live an hour or so west of Fort Smith, and it always fizzles out in the Ozarks before it gets to us.

I learned to drive in snow in Portsmouth, New Hampshire back when I was in the Navy.

Cheers!

I hope that everyone stays safe and sound through the snow storms.

That being said, it depends on what you're used to. I grew up in Montreal, Canada, where the average winter snowfall is more than 8 1/2 feet. It was extremely rare when I didn't have a white Christmas. I can count on the fingers of one hand (and have a couple left over) the number of times anything was shut down due to a snow storm.

I was in Atlanta in 1993 when a snowstorm dropped 4 inches of snow on the ground. I was in shock when they closed the entire city, including the airport.

- Peter

Top Bottom