What's new

Holiday Puerh ?

Anyone planning to enjoy a special puerh on Christmas day (after all the presents opened and holiday food consumed)? I am still undecided. I may dig into my aged puerh stash for some thing tasty :biggrin:!

Happy Holidays everyone!

TGY

I will be drinking what I've been drinking for the past week or so...various '01/'02 Xiaguan Jia Ji Tuo Cha I ordered off of Tao Bao. They're all starting to taste too similar to each other...maybe I need a break from doing this.

I will be drinking what I've been drinking for the past week or so...various '01/'02 Xiaguan Jia Ji Tuo Cha I ordered off of Tao Bao. They're all starting to taste too similar to each other...maybe I need a break from doing this.

Yes! Have something different! Take a break from the big factory stuff. Maybe a single estate offering from a small puerh producer :biggrin:?

Edit: Looks like Thanks went that route! Was it tasty?

Last edited:
I'm going to have a very long session with my 08 Nadacha Cha Chan Yi Wei Nannuo cake. With only 40 in existence (probably at least a handful less as it's so delicious!), I figure it's a special enough tea to enjoy tomorrow.

I enjoyed this cake :biggrin:! I think this is a 2001 cake acquired from YS (I forget the particulars). I believe this cake may have undergone some bamboo baking. I detected some flavors. The leaves are fairly big (see second pic with NYC 25 cent coin). Compression was really loose. I could almost pry leaves away with my fingers. Tuo pick made short order of getting a good stack of leave. Session was quite nice (6gr - 100ml teapot). Brew came out a dark golden colour (sorry no more pics - my photography is terrible). Some nice bamboo flavours in the beginning followed by sweet after taste. Very little smokiness or astringency. Pleasent puerh bitterness without being overwhelming. Got a good eight steeps out of it. Plan to continue this evening. I look forward to revisiting this cake again on special occasions!

Nice selection!
I thought I had replied to this thread but I guess not. I fell back to an old favorite, a 2000 Long Yuan Hao. This gets better every time I use it.

Nice selection!
I thought I had replied to this thread but I guess not. I fell back to an old favorite, a 2000 Long Yuan Hao. This gets better every time I use it.

Hey great minds think alike, I too was slurping on some 2000 long yuan hao and peacock of menghai, then some 06 menghai V93. :thumbup1:

I'm going to have a very long session with my 08 Nadacha Cha Chan Yi Wei Nannuo cake. With only 40 in existence (probably at least a handful less as it's so delicious!), I figure it's a special enough tea to enjoy tomorrow.

So how was your session? Tasty I hope :drool:!

Top Bottom