Thread: Holiday Puerh ?

Talking Holiday Puerh ?

Anyone planning to enjoy a special puerh on Christmas day (after all the presents opened and holiday food consumed)? I am still undecided. I may dig into my aged puerh stash for some thing tasty !

Happy Holidays everyone!

TGY

I will be drinking what I've been drinking for the past week or so...various '01/'02 Xiaguan Jia Ji Tuo Cha I ordered off of Tao Bao. They're all starting to taste too similar to each other...maybe I need a break from doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maitre_Tea View Post
    I will be drinking what I've been drinking for the past week or so...various '01/'02 Xiaguan Jia Ji Tuo Cha I ordered off of Tao Bao. They're all starting to taste too similar to each other...maybe I need a break from doing this.
    Yes! Have something different! Take a break from the big factory stuff. Maybe a single estate offering from a small puerh producer ?

Edit: Looks like Thanks went that route! Was it tasty?
    Last edited by tieguanyin; 12-26-2009 at 04:13 PM.

I'm going to have a very long session with my 08 Nadacha Cha Chan Yi Wei Nannuo cake. With only 40 in existence (probably at least a handful less as it's so delicious!), I figure it's a special enough tea to enjoy tomorrow.
    "I dream. Sometimes I think that's the only right thing to do."

I enjoyed this cake ! I think this is a 2001 cake acquired from YS (I forget the particulars). I believe this cake may have undergone some bamboo baking. I detected some flavors. The leaves are fairly big (see second pic with NYC 25 cent coin). Compression was really loose. I could almost pry leaves away with my fingers. Tuo pick made short order of getting a good stack of leave. Session was quite nice (6gr - 100ml teapot). Brew came out a dark golden colour (sorry no more pics - my photography is terrible). Some nice bamboo flavours in the beginning followed by sweet after taste. Very little smokiness or astringency. Pleasent puerh bitterness without being overwhelming. Got a good eight steeps out of it. Plan to continue this evening. I look forward to revisiting this cake again on special occasions!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC250752.jpg   PC260773.JPG  

Nice selection!
    I thought I had replied to this thread but I guess not. I fell back to an old favorite, a 2000 Long Yuan Hao. This gets better every time I use it.
    Good Tea Drinking and Shaving! Best regards, Steve.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by netsurfr View Post
    Nice selection!
    I thought I had replied to this thread but I guess not. I fell back to an old favorite, a 2000 Long Yuan Hao. This gets better every time I use it.
    Hey great minds think alike, I too was slurping on some 2000 long yuan hao and peacock of menghai, then some 06 menghai V93.

Quote Originally Posted by ambrose View Post
    Hey great minds think alike, I too was slurping on some 2000 long yuan hao and peacock of menghai, then some 06 menghai V93.
    Sounds like you had quite a varied and tasty selection !

Quote Originally Posted by thanks View Post
    I'm going to have a very long session with my 08 Nadacha Cha Chan Yi Wei Nannuo cake. With only 40 in existence (probably at least a handful less as it's so delicious!), I figure it's a special enough tea to enjoy tomorrow.
    So how was your session? Tasty I hope !