What's new

SE suggestion for newbie

OK. Been DE shaving for awhile and love it. I think I would like to try a SE. Looked at the reviews....kind of slim for these compared to DE's. So what razor should I look to purchase for my first SE? Also, what is my CONUS source for blades? I'm a head shaver and only use a DE.....SE work here as well?

Intrigued.

Tracy

I had a DE handle some years ago..always got redness on my right jaw..hence left n right differences when shaving..SE handles totally fix'd this issue..check on ebay for GEM 1912 safety razor...been 3yrs n I never looked back on anything else...I also use GEM stainless steel wipe clean blades also

good luck!
ek.310

Try a GEM 1912 razor or a Schick injector razor. Blades for each can be purchased at Walgreen's, CVS, some grocery stores.

So, in your experiences, how does the Gem 1912 stack up to the junior or the featherweight? (it is featherweight...correct?) Is there a difference?

So, in your experiences, how does the Gem 1912 stack up to the junior or the featherweight? (it is featherweight...correct?) Is there a difference?

I think the GEM Junior is similar to the GEM 1912. I don't like the shave from the Featherweight head.

everready the same as a gem.. Love my everraeady 1912, Gem Micromatic, Treet 1912, Gem Contour and my schick injectors

Top Bottom