What's new

Aramis = Bandit = Azuree = Cabochard?

After reading through the new Turin/Sanchez book recently, I've been interested in trying some of the fragrances that they rate highly. Even though I disagree with some of their ratings, it's still a good reference and a fun process of discovery.

I tried Bandit this week, and though I've never seen it before, it immediately smelled "familiar". Recognizing the similarity, I sprayed Bandit on one arm and Aramis on the other, and had a very hard time telling the difference!

I'm curious now to see how Azuree and Cabochard compare, since they also have some common "geneology" with Aramis and Bandit, and are discussed in some of the same reviews. I'm also trying to "group" fragrances that, to me, either smell alike/very similar, or at least smell close enough that they could be nearly interchangeable. Hopefully this will help me narrow down the number that I will want to keep, after picking those that I really like the best!

:cool:

Good to know! I, too, am interested in hearing more about scents that are similar to one another so I don't buy the same thing twice - or - don't buy the worst of the two.

Enjoyed that read too - there is a lot of interesting information in that book. One thing I learned is that Luca Turin and I do not have the same taste in colognes.

LT and I agree about 50% of the time so far, or at least if I count my wife's input! :001_unsur

By the way, as I recently shared with Randy, I bought a bottle of Guerlain Coriolan here on BST and to me, it's another one to add to the list - a very, very close relative to Aramis. I'd be interested in researching Coriolan's legacy and any connection between its designers and the perfumes Randy already outlined.

Enjoyed that read too - there is a lot of interesting information in that book. One thing I learned is that Luca Turin and I do not have the same taste in colognes.

Yes, once I realized I don't always agree with others, I've found their opinions to be somewhat helpful, even when I know they have different tastes. This is true even with the "Experts".

I've really been enjoying this book over the holiday. regardless of the ratings, they're really helpful in a non-basenotes way for for getting an articulate understanding and thoughts.

it's a total riot of a read and it gives a lot of due attention to a lot of the perfumes i haven't tried yet know of as "classics". Also, the references to fragrances within the reviews make it a fun choose-your-own-adventure to flip through.

I've really been enjoying this book over the holiday. regardless of the ratings, they're really helpful in a non-basenotes way for for getting an articulate understanding and thoughts.

it's a total riot of a read and it gives a lot of due attention to a lot of the perfumes i haven't tried yet know of as "classics". Also, the references to fragrances within the reviews make it a fun choose-your-own-adventure to flip through.

It is quite an entertaining read, isn't it? In particular, I appreciate their intellectual approach to colognes.

M

Member 113878

Cabochard is indeed very similar to Aramis, only lighter and more floral.
Just grabbed a bottle on discount ($7) at a local drugstore.
I’ll try it as a aftershave.

Top Bottom