What's new

7am Green pack vs. 7 O'clock Green pack

I didn't realize these were two different blades until I saw them both on a website today. I know the 7 O'clocks are a Gillette blade, but are the 7am's? I've used the 7am's and like them and ordered some Gillette Greens (and Blacks) to go with my Yellows, which are probably my favorite blades.

The 7am blades are not a Gillette product.

They are made by the same company that makes the "Sharp" blades. If memory serves me correct, they are made in Bangladesh.

7am are made in Bangladesh. The 7 O'Clocks are made in either India or Russia for the Permasharp and Super Stainless respectively. The 7am's are "serviceable" blades while the 7 O'Clocks are excellent shavers.

I have Russian Green 7'Oclocks and they are good blades....I have a few 7 AM blades given to me by a fellow member here and have yet try them.
Wp

Thanks for the info. I've actually had pretty good luck with the 7am's, but now am very interested to try the 7 O'clocks I have on the way.

The [thread=77053]reviews[/thread] of the 7am blades here are not very good.

Blade reviews really have to be taken with a grain of salt.

There are so many factors to consider when reading the reviews: how long has the shaver been using the blade, what's their level of experience, is their bad experience actually a lack of technique? What is their frame of reference, what is their ideal blade they are comparing against? What razor were they using it with?

One also has to consider that the ratings are not universally applied: the extremely low ratings for packaging especially. There are a number of 3s, and 4s for packaging; these are double wrapped inside of a cardboard box; the packaging certainly shouldn't rate a 3 or a 4.

I am not a huge fan of the 7am blades myself, finding them to be a use them once, and toss blade, but I don't think the reviews should be blindly believed.

The best thing to do is try them for yourself.

Ha ha...reminds me of the pack of disposable "GilleHe" I bought in Taiwan. That's right, the "H" looks like "tt" if you're not paying close attention. Too cheap to be true. One swipe on my face and they went straight into the trash.

Ha ha...reminds me of the pack of disposable "GilleHe" I bought in Taiwan. That's right, the "H" looks like "tt" if you're not paying close attention. Too cheap to be true. One swipe on my face and they went straight into the trash.

There's a thread about funny shaving experiences. I think this belongs in that thread! :lol:

...oh. And sorry about the bad shave. That sucks.

The Gillette 7 O'clock blades from India, the Permasharp's, are a really smooth and fairly sharp blade. I would definitely recommend trying them.

The Gillette 7 O'clock blades from India, the Permasharp's, are a really smooth and fairly sharp blade. I would definitely recommend trying them.

The Yellows are my favorite, but the Greens are a close second. I like the Blacks as well.

I tried the 7 am blades and gave them up. Yes, they're cheap. But there are better alternatives out there that are cheap too.

Top Bottom