What's new

Herban Cowboy Dusk Eau de Cologne

Has anyone else tried this? I just bought a bottle, and I really like it. It's organic and lists lavender, bergamot, lemon, lime, clary sage, and ylang oils on the box. It's not really citrusy on me. Just in the top notes. It has a warm, almost musk/vanilla character as it dries down. Is that the ylang I'm picking up? I'm no fragrance expert, so I have limited experience with some of those individual components. It reminds me of a couple of L'Occitane fragrances in that it's a "natural" smelling cologne. This is a bit of a barber shop (vague as that is) fragrance. That is, it sparks those memories for me. It's a good fragrance and was worth the $27 for 50ml I spent on it.

I wish I'd seen this on the b/s/t today before I bought it. That's my only regret and what made me start this thread.

-Andy

I'm finding that Dusk is lasting a long time on me (~10 hours), and I'm still really enjoying the fragrance.

-Andy

I tried the soap and my experience was Horrible , I never tried any product of this company

But you just said you tried the soap. Forgetting that for the moment, how can you say the cologne in the OP is bad if you have never tried it?

I think the problem is that their shave soap seemed like a gimmicky, crummy product that people were put off by trying the other stuff. I've seen the cologne in whole foods once, but they didn't have a tester out so I could sniff it.

Checked out their website and it looks like the shave soap has been removed from the product line. I suppose a cheap way to try the cologne would be to buy a bar of the matching bath soap.

Last edited:
I think the problem is that their shave soap seemed like a gimmicky, crummy product that people were put off by trying the other stuff. I've seen the cologne in whole foods once, but they didn't have a tester out so I could sniff it.

Checked out their website and it looks like the shave soap has been removed from the product line. I suppose a cheap way to try the cologne would be to buy a bar of the matching bath soap.

Assuming the soap smells the same. I picked mine up at Earth Fare, and they had a tester out. It's probably not worth too much, since my ADs tend to lie in the brush and shave soap cetegories, but I highly recommend this fragrance. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it lasts a long time on me. Hopefully someone else will try it one day. I'd love to hear opinions from those that are really into fragrances.

-Andy

Last edited:
I didn't try the cologne...but I bought the hand thrown mug & badger brush, and it comes with a puck of soap...I'll throw it out most likely...but it is a nice mug and brush for $25....

I didn't try the cologne...but I bought the hand thrown mug & badger brush, and it comes with a puck of soap...I'll throw it out most likely...but it is a nice mug and brush for $25....

Is it too bad to relegate it to shower soap status?

-Andy

Andy, I remember testing the cologne in the store when I bought an Herban Cowboy shave mug and I liked it. May have to return to the scene of the crime given my recent CAD!

Andy, I remember testing the cologne in the store when I bought an Herban Cowboy shave mug and I liked it. May have to return to the scene of the crime given my recent CAD!

I'd be interested to see what you think after wearing it a few times. I too have developed a touch of CAD lately.

-Andy

Top Bottom