What's new

pinaud clubman talc

OK, so i went to my local walgreens to buy some pinaud talc, pinaud shave lotion, an bayrum. WOW this stuff brought some fond memories back from when i was kid, my grandpa used to wear it, smelled it in old barber shops. ok now i have ? about the talc how do you guys use this stuff, i just shaved and poured some in my hands slapped it on then used the shave lotion. did i do this wrong, anyways if anyone wants old women to pickem up wear this stuff :w00t: :thumbup: any info would be appreciated thanks. p.s i love this stuff im only 33 is something wrong with me!!!!!!!!!

I've never used it, but it would seem to me that the talc would be the last thing applied in a post-shave regimen. Its main function is to take the shine off of your face.

I love it as well. It is great.

I got this tip from "Bro John" and it works well to take the shine off a freshly shaven face:

Take an old hankerchief, or even better, an old piece of flannel. Dash a bit of talc into the material. Fold the material like a hankerchief and pat against face and neck after a shave. The cloth helps apply the talc without coating the bathroom. I reload the cloth about once a month.

thanks for the tip, so do you use this talc before the lotion or after, bc i think the talc an lotion is a good combination, but anyways this combo just put my colognes, after shaves under the sink for while, i will not be buyin anymore high dollar colognes again.

talc would be the last thing applied in a post-shave regimen. Its main function is to take the shine off of your face.
+1 The talc can be used to take the shine off, and for that purpose it should be the last applied. Talc is also good for sweaty feet (I use it in my socks while on long hikes) and to ease chaffing in you boxers or briefs (again, for use during very long hikes and the like).

I like to use it on my neck if I have a little burn. It really helps keep things from flaring up if I wear a tie.

I use a cheap boar brush that i got at wall greens and just brush a little on. I absolutley love the stuff. infact i am going to use some the next time I shave

I use a Marvy neck duster to apply talc when I wear a shirt and tie. The talc is a good body talc as well. Very comfortable in the summer months.

haha im 24 and love the smell of this stuff...brings back memmories of being a lil runt and going to the last Old timey barbershop ran by a couple of seniors...once they passed away I have not been able to find another..:thumbdown I also use it by way of duster or Washcloth/hand towel. To take sheen of face I will use it as last step, and on days when I feel it needed as a body/foot powder. Works great with the Clubman AS :biggrin1: Usually gets me compliments from the older females :thumbup1: always good!

I use it to take the shine off my face if needed, apply it to my head with a old VDH boar brush after a close crew cut, wear it on my chest sometimes, use on my downstairs at times, put it in my socks. I think it's a very nicely scented overall body powder.

I have never used it to take the shine off of my face. I use it as body talc, to help with chaffing. I think it is really a great product and it complements Clubman AS quite well.

I fill up an old white sock with the powder, tie it off at the ankle, then use that to apply as needed. It goes exactly where I want it to, spreads out evenly, and almost none winds up on the floor like it did when I was applying it by hand.

I fill up an old white sock with the powder, tie it off at the ankle, then use that to apply as needed. It goes exactly where I want it to, spreads out evenly, and almost none winds up on the floor like it did when I was applying it by hand.

An interesting method. I'll have to give that a try. Do you store the sock in a ziploc when not used?

Top Bottom