What's new

Ultrasonic Cleaner

Looks pretty industrial for the price, I got a cheaper looking one off ebay for a similar price and it does the job fine for razors, sunnies, little items like that.

if you're looking to clean the soap scum off your razor all you need is a little bit of dish soap some warm water a toothbrush and 2 minutes.

That cleaner does look a bit heavy duty if your just looking to clean off your razors. I have one, not that model, that's similar that I use for cleaning coins or really dirty metal. Nothing wrong with a unit that size if you can use it, but there are much smaller units available for a lot less money.

For your razors and stuff just try a small dab of toothpaste and an old toothbrush. Rub the paste and brush it off with the brush under war water. Do that or just get some scrubbing bubbles cleaner. Squirt the scrubbing bubbles on the razor and let it stand for a couple of min. Then just rinse off. :w00t: :thumbup1:

I put my futur in barbasol after each shave and it comes out like I just polished it. No fuss and keeps all the critters away from the blade...

I've never used an ultrasonic, but I wonder. Here's a link to a complete disassembly of an old Fatboy:

http://vintagesaws.com/fatboy/fatboy.html

Would a heavy duty cleaner, like the one in the o.p. seems to be, take care of the guts of that without disassembling it? Would any ultrasonic cleaner handle that?
Does anyone have any experience along those lines?

Be careful using an ultrasonic cleaner on plated items, I know that many jewelers will not use them on gold plated pieces because it will cause the gold to lift.

Top Bottom