What's new

My Georgetown G5 scuttle is here... but I can't use it

Gentlemen,

My lovely wife ordered me a G5 scuttle for Christmas. I knew about it because see asked me what I wanted. Well today the man in the brown van delivered it.

I convinced my wife that we had to open it to make sure it hadn't broken.:wink2:

Man it's gorgeous! The all hamada glaze is perfect. Nice and heavy. Just the right size inner bowl for lathering.

Then before I could make my way to the shave den, my wife snapped it up and wrapped it. She wouldn't even let me take a picture before she put it under the tree.:ohmy:

I might just have to let the beard grow till Christmas. Yeah that'll show her.

My wife has long since stopped believing the old "let's just make sure it's not broken" routine. :biggrin:

Congrats on the scuttle, and good luck on the beard. :thumbup1:

Can't touch mine either, it's under the tree...in a foreign country. Wife had it shipped to family Stateside - won't get it to first week of January!!!

I've got a G5 on order, but don't know if it'll get here by Christmas. Would be a nice surprise if it does. If not it'll be a nice January surprise.

My wife does the same thing for Christmas. Anything I order after Thanksgiving gets wrapped and I don't see it until Christmas. Fortunately she wasn't interested in wrapping the razors and 3/1 that came so I got to use them.

You'll love your Georgetown. :thumbup1: I have the G4 and its great. Its a joy to use. :thumbup:

I have the G5 on order, but I ordered too late, and it won't go out until after Jan. 1st. :thumbdown

You'll love your Georgetown. :thumbup1: I have the G4 and its great. Its a joy to use. :thumbup:

I have the G5 on order, but I ordered too late, and it won't go out until after Jan. 1st. :thumbdown

Don't be so sure!! I ordered mine on the 15th, after the cutoff when it wasn't supposed to be shipped until after the 1st. What do I get in my email today? A notice that it had shipped:thumbup: Either they're ahead on production, or they had some inventory on hand.

Only problem is, it's going via UPS. So I still might not get it until after the 1st and it may not be in one piece.

Last edited:
Gentlemen,
I convinced my wife that we had to open it to make sure it hadn't broken.:wink2:
Then before I could make my way to the shave den, my wife snapped it up and wrapped it. She wouldn't even let me take a picture before she put it under the tree.:ohmy:

The same thing happened with me and the new LCD monitor I ordered for myself for Christmas. I ordered it MYSELF! How can this be fair? I have to suffer with using my old failing CRT til Christmas!

Congrats on the new scuttle.

Top Bottom