What's new

Weird way of making lather? (video)

Im sure this video has been posted on here before. The guy is german and I cant understand him but I still think its pretty funny lol. He shaves super fast and aggressive, and gets away with just one weeper on his chin. I give him props, especially shaving that thick goatee without any prep.

One thing I noticed is that he gets a consistent face lather with a weird method. it looks like he heats a small cup of soap in a pot on the stove with a lid, and then mashes a boar brush into a couple times. Is that what it looks like to you guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuuuvuOzB7U

I see I need to get a little faster. I'm so slow I have to lather up twice on my left side cause the lather starts to dry:001_rolle. This guy is quick!

I had to laugh, one of the comments said.. "This, ladies and gentlemen, is a real man."

I see I need to get a little faster. I'm so slow I have to lather up twice on my left side cause the lather starts to dry:001_rolle. This guy is quick!

I had to laugh, one of the comments said.. "This, ladies and gentlemen, is a real man."

Me too. Sometimes I'll be taking too much time and if I didnt make my lather very moist, Ill go to shave the other half of my face and a snow storm will appear in my bathroom. Flakes everywhere!

If he really heats it like that on the stove and gets that moist lather then I really want to try it

Thats what it looks like to me and guaranteed to work.

The soap has softened due to the heat, the brush bristles are heated up and the soft hot soap easily sticks to the boar bristles.

I always wondered what soap he was using. Also that brush looks super cheap but goes to show that you need not spend loads of money on a brush.

That is one of my favourite shaving videos by the way.

Thats what it looks like to me and guaranteed to work.

The soap has softened due to the heat, the brush bristles are heated up and the soft hot soap easily sticks to the boar bristles.

I always wondered what soap he was using. Also that brush looks super cheap but goes to show that you need not spend loads of money on a brush.

That is one of my favourite shaving videos by the way.

Exactly why Im so curious. I mean heating a brush and the soap on the stove would have to guarantee good lather if you know the technique because everything would be hot and really soft. Do you think he puts a little water on the bottom of the pan? Because he took a lid off the top so maybe a little water would steam it up?

soft. Do you think he puts a little water on the bottom of the pan? Because he took a lid off the top so maybe a little water would steam it up?

Yeah definitely water in the bottom of the pan that isnt as high as the shaving soap container.

Even some water ontop of the soap then poured out once the container is removed would do no harm at all.

If I am using a soap I often pour boiling water onto the soap to soften it while my brush is soaking in a latte mug of boiling water.

It works a treat but if you try this method BE CAREFUL!

H

hystypro

Even some water ontop of the soap then poured out once the container is removed would do no harm at all.

Top Bottom