What's new

Learning to treat the Feathers with respect

Tried out a Feather tonight. It's no joke that these suckers are sharp sharp sharp! My shave went pretty well, except for the couple of times I forgot to respect the blade and ended up with some pretty good nicks. However, the razor burn factor was the smallest I've had since starting (even less than the Gillette Super Platinums that I reviewed this week).

Tried out a Feather tonight. It's no joke that these suckers are sharp sharp sharp! My shave went pretty well, except for the couple of times I forgot to respect the blade and ended up with some pretty good nicks. However, the razor burn factor was the smallest I've had since starting (even less than the Gillette Super Platinums that I reviewed this week).

I loaded up a feather today into a DE for the first time in many months as I use cartridges for the most part and the feather blade into the feather portable just cut my beard like butter after 3-4 days growth.

The first time I used a Feather, all I could think was "this is what I've been waiting for". Sure, I got a few minor nicks, but the ease with which it cut through my beard was/is unrivaled. They're not for everybody, and certainly not something you load in a Slant for your first-ever DE shave after a night out on the town, but they have been instrumental in my technique improvement since I started DE shaving. When your technique slips, the Feather lets you know. It doesn't dwell on the discipline, either; any nicks I've had from a Feather have gone away after a thorough post-shave cold water rinse.

Glad you're enjoying them!

I definitely got torn up on my first Feather use. But seeing so many of you who get a great shave with them inspires me to give them another try in a while. Although, I think I'm going to let my technique develop a bit more before I try round two. :ohmy:

The feather blade is one of my favorites especially with 3 or more days growth, you really need to be mindful of your technique and apply no pressure. You will then be rewarded with a great shave. I have a progress and a slim which both give great results when paired with a feather blade.

Feather in a slant is amazing. Requires less passes to achieve a nice shave -- thus less chance of irritation. Hairs grow back slower.

I just finished my 9th shave with the same Feather (the first one I've ever tried) today. I'm going to have to order a bunch. I love these blades! Yes, you have to be mindful of your technique moreso than with other blades, but the results are well worth it!

For me, a Feather and my Futur set on 3 is shaving Nirvana (esp. if I use Tabac soap).

I don't get what the big deal is. I shaved with one this morning. Nothing to it.

I really don't think they're any sharper than the Kais that I usually use.

Saying you got a great shave with X "except for" is a lot like saying Mrs. Lincoln liked the play. :001_rolle Such herd mentality. </soapbox>.

Second day Feather use this morning, with the Fatboy on 5. No problem at all. Smooth and comfortable. No weepers.

I don't get what all the Feather fuss is about.

My Tabac is due to arrive today, so I'll make my second run with the Feather tonight. Maybe I can stay alert enough to not nick myself this time...

First feather blade= every shave gave me at least 1 cut

Loaded a new blade today. Like butter baby! Adjusted my technique and no cuts :) Best blade out there IMO

Top Bottom