What's new

Pre de Provence, L'Occitane Cade, or Provence Sante?

I'm considering one of these soaps in a future purchase. Which one of these do you prefer, and why? Cost isn't as much of an option as performance.

Wow...with that line up you really can't go wrong with any of them. The Pre de Provence is the least expensive of the 3 and performs just as well...so if that is taken into account then it would get the nod. If you like the L'Occitane Cade range (scentwise) then the soap is a winner. Provence Sante might just be the slickest stuff out there.

So I guess you can just rest assured that whatever decision you make will be a good one.

They are all wonderful products, so obviously you should own them all. For me, The CADE soap outperforms nearly every other shaving product out there, and is a desert-island product.

They are all wonderful products, so obviously you should own them all. For me, The CADE soap outperforms nearly every other shaving product out there, and is a desert-island product.

I'm inclined toward the Cade as well. Drugstore.com has the Provence Sante on sale for $6/round. I'm trying to decide whether to order, or wait for L'Occitane to have another sale. In the soap world, I've topped out with Tabac. I'd like to find something a little different, but comparable in performance and about as affordable. I'm also looking for a sane price on Mitchell's Wool Fat. I'd like the real deal with the crock, so the Kent option is out.

I'm proud to say I have all 3 and enjoy them all. I don't think you would regret any of them. The Cade is something special though and my cake lives in a $3 Target bowl instead of the $$ nickel bowl some folks tend to buy with it. That makes it a bit more affordable.....

-Scott-

Mike the Provence Sante is absolutely superb. I didn't care for the overly perfumed scent but I let it sit in the open and it's abated quite a bit. It's not nearly as floral/perfume-y now. A TOP performing soap. Easily in the Tabac category.

Regards, Todd

Probably a silly question, and my searches have only yielded 2 out of the 3 from various sites (smallflower, etc.) ... but:

Is there any place online that sells all 3 soaps?

Yeah that's pretty much what I've come to discover. I mean, I can technically order them all 3 from Amazon, but they end up shipping from two different places anyway, and I pay almost $20 total for standard shipping.

Oh well... never hurts to ask. Thanks Scotto!

I'm considering one of these soaps in a future purchase. Which one of these do you prefer, and why? Cost isn't as much of an option as performance.

Hi Mike,
At one time the following thread was started by what I loosely termed an index message, i.e. a message containing an index of threads covering related topics, French Shaving Soaps. I thought it was a STICKY, but the glue probably dried out. Anyway, it points to discussions of the soaps you are interested in, including money shots of all of them.:001_cool:

Mike the Provence Sante is absolutely superb. I didn't care for the overly perfumed scent but I let it sit in the open and it's abated quite a bit. It's not nearly as floral/perfume-y now. A TOP performing soap. Easily in the Tabac category.

Regards, Todd

Ditto. Very slick and very moisturizing. Provence Sante is easily one of my top three soaps along with Tabac and Rivivage.

Hi Mike,
At one time the following thread was started by what I loosely termed an index message, i.e. a message containing an index of threads covering related topics, French Shaving Soaps. I thought it was a STICKY, but the glue probably dried out. Anyway, it points to discussions of the soaps you are interested in, including money shots of all of them.:001_cool:

Thanks, Ron. I had stumbled on them and appreciated your efforts. If I can't get a reasonable deal on the Cade, I'll go for the Provence Sante at $6.99/round at Drugstore/Beauty.com.

I've been kicking my self ever since I saw the Pre de Provence at the CO-OP before Christmas and didn't pick any up. I've been back twice since then and they don't have it any more.

I'm proud to say I have all 3 and enjoy them all. I don't think you would regret any of them. The Cade is something special though and my cake lives in a $3 Target bowl instead of the $$ nickel bowl some folks tend to buy with it. That makes it a bit more affordable.....

-Scott-

I just bought the L'Occitane Cade, my first shaving soap. I haven't used it yet, because I heard of the rave reviews of Provence Sante. I had every intention of returning the Cade, then I found this thread.

The thing is, I didn't buy the bowl. so could you post the link where you found the $3 dollar Target bowl?

Thanks.

I bought the Cade last night and shaved with it this morning. What a treat, super lather, lubrication, and a nice subtle scent. This was the only soap at the L'Occitane En Provence where I got it.

A woman gave me the twice over later in line at a coffee shop when she saw the shopping bag. So fellows, there are multiple benefits to buying classy shaving products. :biggrin:

Top Bottom