What's new

Indulgence of the Night 1/15-1/21

A bowl of GL Pease Charing Cross 2004 in the Peterson last night. After a few bowls here is my .02...which may be all its worth.

This seems to be Blackpoint taken to the next level. The Virginias seem to move to the background a little more to allow the Latakia to stand out. Less of the sweet component and more spice and smokiness. Fuller in flavor and a little sharper than the Blackpoint.

This was a great blend to finish off the day. :thumbup:

Chimay White and a bowl of GL Pease Picadilly v. 2003.

Let me first start out by saying that these Monks can make some Beer. If you haven't tried it I suggest you do so. It is a bit pricey, at $9.00 to $10.00 for a 25 oz. bottle, but I think its well worth it. Look at it this way, when you figure how much it would cost you to grab a couple pints from a local pub you are in that neighborhood anyway.

On to the Picadilly. A generous member on this board sent over some samples to try. This is my 3rd meeting with Mr. Pease and I like this guy. A lighter smoke than the Blackpoint and Charing Cross. This would be a great blend for someone dabbling in the English Blends. Very well rounded and smooth, this stuff is full of wonderful flavors. The Latakia plays nicely with the Virginias and the Perique...it is still there, but doesn't steal the show. It is light enough to smoke this at anytime of day.

A dram of Glenlivet, a short pour of Laphroaig 10 while I read a few chapters of Chaim Potok's The Promise and 4 chapters in Genesis.

Top Bottom