What's new

First go with the GEM Junior

And all I can say is wow, what a remarkable shaver. Bought a pack of GEM blades from Walgreens and cleaned up the face and dome with it. I placed the head flat against the face and then moved it away ever so slightly, as per what I read here to do, and it was as smooth and effortless a shave as I can imagine.

The dome was a little trickier but still came out great. I don't use a mirror for the back, just go by "feel", and I think a couple of times I might have had the angle a little off but no nicks and no irritation whatsoever.

I'm tempted to shave off my circle beard just to have more acreage to play around on, but I'm too fond of it to let it go.Yet.:001_cool:

I can see why these majestic creations have such a loyal following.

I've read some negatives aboout the Treet brand of blades because they are carbon, but I might try threm just for the heck of it. Rite Aid carries them.

I've started taking the balde out when I'm done, wiping it off on a towel, putting it back in razor and then dipping it in alcohol to dry them. Weird.

carbon steel blades take a sharper edge, but they dull a bit faster (3-4 shaves) than stainless (5-6 shaves). That said, they're a bit cheaper so it all evens out.:thumbup1:

if you rinse them with rubbing alcohol, and pat them dry, it helps keep them from rusting

Thanks, but that would be too much of an hassle. However, if I manage to get them here in Italy at a cost which would make sensible to just use them once, I'll try them out.

Top Bottom