What's new

How Do You Pronounce.....

The first two syllables are definitely LOX-EE.
The final syllable can fall somewhere between TAIN and TAWN, depending on the accent of the speaker. The stress is on the last syllable.

But remember, you're an English speaker, no-one expects you to pronounce the word exactly right. LOX-EE-TAIN is plenty fine. There's nothing like purposely overpronouncing a foreign word to mark one as a poseur. Think of Peggy Hill on King of the Hill ordering a Mexican restaurant. :thumbup1:

Only thing with the howjsay is everytime I go to the houston galleria store, they say it the way i tried to convey it.

But remember, you're an English speaker, no-one expects you to pronounce the word exactly right. LOX-EE-TAIN is plenty fine. There's nothing like purposely overpronouncing a foreign word to mark one as a poseur. Think of Peggy Hill on King of the Hill ordering a Mexican restaurant. :thumbup1:

LOL. I always have a blast at Lucky Scent's Scent Bar with hundreds of long French names...Just when you get your faux French down, you run into an Italian frag.

When your wallet is out, they'll figure out whatever you call it. Quickly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom