What's new

Jos A Bank Trio Suits

Any good or bad opinions on these? Just saw a commercial for these at 150 a pop for the jacket and both sets of pants to go with it.

Good quality and value in this line? Been wanting to pick up a suit and 150 is fairly well within the budget even with a bit of tailoring.

Generally, Jos. A Bank has good products. As with anything else, though, you get what you pay for. That is, their top-of-the-line $900 (list) suits are better made than the suits with the $400 price tag.

At $150 + alterations, you're going to have a hard time going wrong!

Yeah I'm not expecting nor have the budget for a 1000 dollar suit. But 150 puts it in line with a JC Penny or Khols type suit which only has one pair of pants.

Assuming that the Jos A Bank would be of good quality but I don't want to end up with junk with a good name sewn on it.

When on sale, J Banks are worth the cash. As in, you get what you pay for. Just stay away from their retail prices.

Having an extra pair of pants is good because the pants are the first thing to wear out, so having another pair to rotate will make the suit last longer.

Not sure about the Trio specifically, but in general I do not like JAB suits.
My main beef with all the suits I've seen is that the shoulder padding is way, way overdone (think linebacker) and makes most people look ridiculous. Some guys look okay in them though, but you won't know until you try one on.

Also, be leery of their salesmen. I keep seeing guys who should've worn a size smaller or gotten a "short" size suit because they aren't tall enough to wear a "regular". JAB salesmen, and salesmen at other places will not hesitate to sell you the wrong size because 1) they might not know any better, and 2) they work partly on commission and want to make a sale. If your proper size is out of stock, they will just try to get you to buy whatever is the closest thing in the store instead of getting you what you need.

Don't forget that JAB has a some kind of "sale" every other week. You should not feel pressured to buy right now just because of the current sale. The sale or some similar sale will come around soon enough so only buy if you're absolutely sure you'll be happy with what you are getting.

I got that JAB email and was also curious abou the trio suit. i'm tempted to check it out. i'm in dire need of either a navy or charcoal suit and @ $150 it seems like a good deal

Went ahead and took the plunge, ended up about 200 with tailoring so not to bad for a suit with a pair of coordinating pants for more casual occasions.

I went with 2 button navy, the coordinating pants are a grayish pant with faint blue criss crossing stripes. I was really likely the brown but decided navy would probably be a better multi tasker for my needs. Olive was nice...but the coordinating pants were....unpleasant to my eye.

Last edited:
Top Bottom