What's new

Reception toiletries for guests

Gentlemen,

This spring I will be marrying an extraordinary young woman and, of course, we are in the throes of organizing the whole thing. One thing that she brought to my attention was a complementary basket of toiletries in the reception hall restrooms to be used by our guests. Being a female, she of course had her list of common affects and emergency items all set. Being the guy that I am, the only thing I would imagine bringing as a guest, apart from a gift, would be my gullet and a hand to pour drinks down it. As I've thought about it though, I can see the appeal of an assortment of classic toiletries and odds and ends in the restroom. I would like to call upon the collective experience and opinions of the forum to help decide what should be included, even specific brands. Bear in mind that I don't to be overly extravagent (there will be no Creed or Trumper for people to have spray-fights with). Anything you can imagine that would be handy at a wedding reception is welcomed... did you go to a wedding and have too many garlicy hors deouvres? mints of mouthwash would have been handy. Did you spill red-wine on your shirt?... perhaps some stain-remover. Would anti-hangover supplements be inappropriate? I welcome all advice... much thanks in advance.

cheers

I can make these little guest soaps for you in any fragrance you want....

Edit, oops, I misread what you were looking for... congratulations by the way..

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

You can buy the tiny sample bottles of toiletires, including mouthwash at WalMart. A variety of items are usually available.

You could also add a couple small decants of good fragrance

Lint rollers are nice esp. if the men are wearing black tuxedos.
Sue

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. One thing I would strongly recommend (from experience) is a basic first aid kit. One of our wedding guests somehow sliced his finger before the ceremony, wasn't serious but it bled like crazy. I've always kept a first aid kit in my vehicle anyway because, well ... I'm a klutz :redface:. Actually, having one handy if you're doing any setting up beforehand is even better.

My wife and I will celebrate our 10th Anniversary this Spring and I can still CLEARLY recall how exhausted we were once the wedding was over. Get some rest, you're gonna need it!
Jack

Knowing how messy we men get, maybe you can hire some guy to attend to the washroom; keep it clean, dispense the soap, towels, aftershave, mint, tell a joke or two, whistle a tune, etc. That'd be a nice touch.

You guys are great at tipping so it needn't cost much either.

Good luck with the wedding, if you enjoy yours half as much as we did ours you'll have a ball. (Never thought I'd say I enjoyed my wedding.)

Top Bottom