Thread: How long till Razor Bumps go away?

1. Default How long till Razor Bumps go away?

Because of the wonders of wetshaving I have seen a huge decrease in the amount of razor bumps on my face. In fact when I run my fingers over my neck it feels the smoothest it has since I started shaving.
    What I am wondering is how long does the discoloration and appearance of razor bumps last? I am guessing since I have had them for 15 years, it will take a while for my neck to look smooth.
    Wondering if anyone has gone through this with a heavy amount of razor bumps/ingrown hair and how long before it cleared up?

It's taken awhile for me as well so I'll be curious to see the answers. I have been using crushed aspirin paste as suggested by mantic (just a crushed aspirin tablet with a a few drops of water placed on the bumps for 5 minutes) and that has really started to make some headway.

If I get any from DE shaving they are usually gone in 1 day, 2 max. As for your problem I'm not sure, never had anything like that.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics are questionable.

Images

For me Alum block is done a lot for my razor burn problem.
    What i do now after my shave :
    -Rinse whit hot water
    -Cold water rinse
    -Alum Block
    -Cold water rinse
    -After shave

That routine helped me to get rid of razor burn.
    Also the blade makes a big difference, you need to find the one that suits you.
    -jon

Razor Bumps can take a varied amount of time to heal as you know. The key I think is that you must shave the right way so that the hair is cut proper and will allow the inflamed area to heal. I have slowly seen my issue which I still slightly have diminish as my technique has improved. Give you bumps a time to heal I mean scab or puss filled bump. Exfoliate to free the hair some. Then do an amazing job of prep. Shower, towels, let shaving cream/soap sit with hot towel on top, relather then take short confident stroke - to free the hair - and a proper aftershave regiment. As you technique improves so will your condition.
    EXPECT success in every shave and the universe will certainly make way for that success.

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Razor Bumps can take a varied amount of time to heal as you know. The key I think is that you must shave the right way so that the hair is cut proper and will allow the inflamed area to heal. I have slowly seen my issue which I still slightly have diminish as my technique has improved. Give you bumps a time to heal I mean scab or puss filled bump. Exfoliate to free the hair some. Then do an amazing job of prep. Shower, towels, let shaving cream/soap sit with hot towel on top, relather then take short confident stroke - to free the hair - and a proper aftershave regiment. As you technique improves so will your condition.
    Pull the little hairs out of any bumps that appear to have hairs in them. Use a good pair of tweezers. This helps them faster than anything I know.
    Randall, member of BOTOC

Somewhere Between Snook and North Zulch, TX
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    Pull the little hairs out of any bumps that appear to have hairs in them. Use a good pair of tweezers. This helps them faster than anything I know.
    Something better than tweezers: a dry, soft-bristle toothbrush. As soon as you see a bump start forming, and again just before bedtime, gently brush the area with the toothbrush. You'll be amazed.

--Mark
    What Your Father Didn't Teach You About Shaving

Lanesborough, In the "other" Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by ShaveAddict View Post
    For me Alum block is done a lot for my razor burn problem.
    What i do now after my shave :
    -Rinse whit hot water
    -Cold water rinse
    -Alum Block
    -Cold water rinse
    -After shave

That routine helped me to get rid of razor burn.
    Also the blade makes a big difference, you need to find the one that suits you.
    +1 here, but might want to try using witch hazel after that 2nd cold water rinse, and before the AS.