What's new

Dull straight, so different DE blades again... huh...

B

bluefoxicy

Okay, NOW my straight razor is dull. I'll ask a friend to help me figure out how to hone it on my 4k/8k ... bleh I need a 13k finisher and a lap.

So I attempted to use an Israeli blade from a white and blue pack... I think they're Crystal or something, I dunno. Last time I tried one it was painful; this time it gave me a far better shave than the feathers do. :blink:

I'm confused. I have Bluebirds and 7 O'Clock green packs coming, I BBS'd once on a crap blade, and hurm.

I haven't tried the Bluebirds but the 7 O'clock Greens and Yellows I like. I tried a Feather and it tore me up. Guess I need to work on my technique some more.

B

bluefoxicy

Feathers are my go-to blade but haven't been getting me a close shave.

You can always send in the str8 to a honemeister if you messed it up.

For DE blades I'll go on a limb and say Red IP/Crystal IP and Feathers are the 2 most popular blades among the most experienced shavers on this forum.

You can always send in the str8 to a honemeister if you messed it up.

For DE blades I'll go on a limb and say Red IP/Crystal IP and Feathers are the 2 most popular blades among the most experienced shavers on this forum.

Are the Red and Crystal IP's that similar? I got two completely different shaves from them when I had my sampler pack.

They're different. The WestcoastShaving vendor has a pretty long thread on the differences. I think most people will say that the Crystals are a little sharper and can be less "comfortable" if not used gently. I use and enjoy both - but prefer the Crystals a little more.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I find the 7 o'clock green pack better than blue birds.

I only used 4 blue birds so far (6 to go) so I will wait. I find them average.

B

bluefoxicy

I find the 7 o'clock green pack better than blue birds.

I only used 4 blue birds so far (6 to go) so I will wait. I find them average.

Nods. I found both decent, though some yellow packs would be good.

Notably, the bluebirds actually got one cheek a closer shave than the Fusion did, with zero irritation (the Fusion does give a minimal amount of irritation), and the aftershave (Dominica Bay Rum) didn't burn there! The shave also lasted more than 15 minutes....

Methinks my technique needs improving, because only one cheek got that perfect shave.

Top Bottom