What's new

chrome/nickel plating question

I have 2 super speeds, I'm not to sure if they are chrome or nickel. During the cleaning process some of the plating has come off. Would anyone one on here know if its possible to remove and re-plate these items? If there is anyone who does this kind of work I'd like to hear more about this. Thanks in advance.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
There are several folks who do replating on here, a search of the forum for "replating" should bring up several threads with who is currently doing it.
Some of the replaters are buddydog and onotoman. There is also a fellow in MA that does it for memebers here, but I don't have any info on him at all.

As an aside, the plating doesn't have an affect on the shave, and replating the razor makes it no longer original, but if you want to go to the trouble just so it looks better, that's your call.

There are very fine condition specimens of the razors you mention however, and if you're just looking for one that is "pretty" I'd just buy one in that condition. They are not that expensive, even in great shape.

Top Bottom