What's new

User Titles

Mine changes constantly. Is it programmed or am I making that much of an idiot of myself to capture someones attention?

At your particular stage of the game, the titles are pretty much on auto-pilot. You have to do something REALLY stupid to draw the mods attention and get a custom title...

Steve --

The little tag line is automatically generated by the B&B Board System and changes automatically as your post count increases.

The Mods don't release the thresholds of change, or what the tag lines are. These change rather quickly at first, but after you get a couple thousand posts, the changes come every five hundred to a thousand posts or so.

You've certainly noticed the 'custom' tag lines that some/many guys have. The auto generated tag lines can be changed, and there are two ways that happens.

1. You become a contributor; --donate enough $ and the Mods will let you pick your own tag line --subject to maintaining an appropriate, non-obscene decorum and with the collective approval of the Mods.

2. You say or post something that is incredibly stupid or personally embarrassing; --and the Mods will decide to hang that embarrassment on you forever --even to supersede your own tag line mentioned in '1.' above.

HTH.

-- John Gehman

Steve --

The little tag line is automatically generated by the B&B Board System and changes automatically as your post count increases.

The Mods don't release the thresholds of change, or what the tag lines are. These change rather quickly at first, but after you get a couple thousand posts, the changes come every five hundred to a thousand posts or so.

You've certainly noticed the 'custom' tag lines that some/many guys have. The auto generated tag lines can be changed, and there are two ways that happens.

1. You become a contributor; --donate enough $ and the Mods will let you pick your own tag line --subject to maintaining an appropriate, non-obscene decorum and with the collective approval of the Mods.

2. You say or post something that is incredibly stupid or personally embarrassing; --and the Mods will decide to hang that embarrassment on you forever --even to supersede your own tag line mentioned in '1.' above.

HTH.

-- John Gehman

Good to know about item 2. :scared:

I am immune. :001_rolle

That certainly sounds like tempting fate!

I'm in two minds about receiving this nugget of information....I liked the anticipation of not knowing what my title was going to be when I next looked....but then it does shed some light on some B&B Arcania and sets the mind to feverishly wondering what else the elders of the blade will teach us as we progress from Newbie.

What's the shavers' equivalent of "wax on, wax off"? :001_unsur

Last edited:
Top Bottom