What's new

Taking Notes

Does anyone have any experience with LiveScribe pens? Or any other computer peripheral that would let me write notes but save them to the computer?

I find that I never keep track of old binders/notebooks after a class and I will certainly need to when I start my Master's next year, but I can't very easily write out an accounting problem on Word. So I'm looking for something like the LiveScribe or those Bamboo Wacom pads that let you use a stylus to write while it's transferred to the computer.

I use Open Office, it's got a great formula editor, plus I find that retyping notes helps me remember them.
For example
Code:
A_p = [{-(1+i)^-n +1} over i]R
becomes
proxy.php

It's really easy once you get the hang of it, I imagine Word has a very similar feature.

Failing that, scanning your old pages is probably easier/cheaper than a livescribe/tablet.

I use Open Office, it's got a great formula editor, plus I find that retyping notes helps me remember them.
For example
Code:
A_p = [{-(1+i)^-n +1} over i]R
becomes
proxy.php

It's really easy once you get the hang of it, I imagine Word has a very similar feature.

Failing that, scanning your old pages is probably easier/cheaper than a livescribe/tablet.

I don't have a scanner... Anyway, I went out and got a Wacom Bamboo pen and touch. It works pretty well so far, still have to get used to it.

Top Bottom