What's new

Bad breath

I've been taking Ballroom dance lessons and am concerned about bad breath when dancing close. What is a good, sugar free breath mint?

Mints and gum aren't lasting solutions to bad breath. Brush your tongue, gargle with hydrogen peroxide and drink water. Dehydration can cause bad breath. Eat regularly, too.

Stop drinking alcohol. Do not use Listerine as its alcohol will dry your mouth out. Always brush your tongue when you brush your teeth.

Use Listerine. The benefits far outweigh the drying effects of the alcohol. :tongue_sm

In all seriousness there is plenty of great advice here. I'd recommend brushing your teeth, tongue and roof of the mouth before attending your dance lessons.

Forget the breath mints. Stop using your Tabac on dance nights! :laugh:

Jeff in Boston

And throw out your lilac vegetal! You don't want your partner to think you bathed in a septic tank.

Seriously, I took the ballroom dancing leisure leaning class at LSU and had a blast.

Binaca. Nothing would make you look more awesome than whipping out your Binaca for a few squirts before stepping out onto the dance floor for a waltz.

What is a good, sugar free breath mint?

Altoids Smalls are great... and yes, they're sugar-free

And of course brush your teeth and tongue, floss and use mouthwash-- I like Lavoris. No coffee for at least a couple of hours prior, and drink water. You'll be good to go.

But if you have chronic bad breath, you should see a dentist.

Last edited:
Apparantly the key is just to make sure you are brushing your tongue, you can just do it with your toothbrush, I heard an interview on the radio with some oral hygeine expert and he said a lot of these fancy tongue scrapers and bad breath brushes are just gimmicks. But your tongue has enormous surface area so you need to clean it.

With mouth wash, as I recall the only ones which actually work are ones that contain some sort of chlorine compound, can't remember what specifically, because it chemically converts the smelling sulfur compounds into something neutral, but I was looking at the different mouthwashes at the drug store and couldn't find anything with it.

Top Bottom