What's new

Got in my Pelikan M215 Fountain Pen!

Ok,

So...while waiting for the Pelikan Pura to arrive, I purchased (by selling off some shave kit) a Pelikan M215. I decided upon a custom stub nib from Richard Binder.

I have to tell you...this thing is amazing. Lays down a wet and even line and is really fun to write with. Shortly after getting it I wrote 30+ Christmas cards just to have a chance to use it regularly. I am completely happy with this purchase and with my selection of nib.

For those who are unaware, Richard Binder specially checks all his fountain pens before they leave his store. This quality control measure ensures all products work right out of the box...my M215 was no exception. I HIGHLY recommend his website, and his customer service.

Attached a couple of pics to whet potential FP users appetites!

What's a stub nib? Never heard of it, but I really like the line.

Check out the link imbedded in my OP. Binder makes custom nibs of various types. A stub nib is essentially a normal nib that is slightly ground flat on the bottom. This creates a slightly thicker line when writing N-S and a thinner line when writing E-W.

This line variation makes for interesting possibilities.

He also makes what I'll call "advanced" nibs which are flexible and allow even more variety based on the amount of pressure a writer uses.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have the exact same pen ... but with a standard "medium" nib.

It's a very nice pen indeed. :thumbup1:

Hey bud...if you're interested, keep your eye on the B/S/T. I'll have one up for sale sometime after Christmas.

Chris

Oh lovely, one more thing to spend my money on and derail my plans to buy a Simpson brush? Curse you...he said with a grin....:lol:

I have the same pen but in black with fine tip nib, what I like is the interchangeable nibs are great if you want a new nib but not a new pen and makes cleaning a breeze. I ended up ordering from richard and got an italic nib, his work is great.

Very nice purchase. If I had your penmanship I would like to buy a nice pen, but my penmanship is somewhere between that of a drunk monkey and an angry hen. It is kind of embarrassing actually.

I have a Binder Vanishing Point...love it!

What's the vanishing point like to write with? The idea intrigues me but I'm afraid the pocket clip down by my fingers when I'm writing would be annoying. How's this work for you? Do you just grip on either side of the clip?

What's the vanishing point like to write with? The idea intrigues me but I'm afraid the pocket clip down by my fingers when I'm writing would be annoying. How's this work for you? Do you just grip on either side of the clip?

+1.
I looked at the Vanishing points at Paradise Pens in the local mall, it like the clip might get in the way. They also looked really really nice.

Top Bottom