What's new

Rinse soap jar after finished?

I was just wondering if you guys rinse your soap jars after you used it?

I ask this because I realized that when I wash the jar out, the washing phase wastes soap. So maybe after I load my brush, I skip this phase and save soap?

Please tell me what you guys think?

Don't put them away when they're moist and you're good. IMO a 24 h phase of drying as a rule of thumb is sufficient.

I rinse the outside of the jar so it doesn't get scummy, but it's pointless to rinse the inside.

yah, i wipe the rim of the bowl with the cloth ive used to prep my face, but leave any soap residue on the puck for next time

Okay, I know it's wasteful, but yes, I rinse the soap jar. I shave in the shower, and I like to do a quick rinse of the bowl or ramakin outside and in, then I set it on the counter open to dry out. It just looks better to me, and I don't think I waste anymore than I do with the excess lather I wash out of my brush. I've never noticed any change in the amount of soap in the bowl/dish.

If I didn't have enough soap, not to mention creams, to last for several generations, and if it looked like it was making a noticeable impact, I might be more concerned.

:cool:

I wash the soap mug/jar. But, suspect I do things differently than most.

Soak brush. Hold puck in hand, and rub soap off puck onto brush. Once or twice, I scrape the soap off brush into empty shave bowl. Put puck away in storage bag. Now, I add a few more drops water to bowl if needed, and whip into a good lather.

So, with this procedure, I wash the mug/jar/bowl afterwards. All I'm throwing away is a small amount of lather.

Since I quit lathering on top of soap, my lather has gotten much better. Lathering on soap gave me gummy lather toward the end of the shave.

I rinse off the soap and then let it dry before I store it. I often don't get back to a particular soap for a week or two at a time, and I like the look of a clean puck when I open the bowl. I do not believe that a quick rinse to remove the excess lather is a tremendous waste of our tallowy resources. :wink:

As you get more experienced, you will make much less of mess with the soap (as long as you don't lather on the soap). All you'll be left with is the brush marks on the soap and it's not worth rinsing it off.

I don't rinse and I don't really let the soap dry, either. I leave it open until I've cleaned up everything else, then I put the lid on it and put it away.

Haven't had any problems at all.

As you get more experienced, you will make much less of mess with the soap (as long as you don't lather on the soap). All you'll be left with is the brush marks on the soap and it's not worth rinsing it off.

How much experience do you have?

If you only have marks on your soap, your water is either insanely hard, or you're not using enough water.

I can't even imagine a shaveably loaded brush without at least some lather on the inside of the anchor Hocking cup.

It sounds like you're making life harder than it needs to be.:huh::huh:

Crap, without even thinking today I put the lid on my soap and put it away before it dried.

Will it be OK if I take if off to dry after work?

Top Bottom