What's new

An amusing dinner conversation

Just have to share... I was at my friend's wedding rehearsal dinner the other night. The topic at the table was going all over the place, cars, firearms, camping and then someone started calling out my friend for shaving dry with a disposable cartridge (blasphemous, I know... already tried converting him a few times...) Anyway, he knows about my straight razor addiction and called me out :001_rolle.

Everyone at our table was shocked and most a bit freaked out :lol:. They all wanted to know how I hadn't mutilated my face yet and why I bother...

I think they have a bit of understanding now, especially when I mentioned that I haven't bought any razor cartridges in a year :thumbup1:.

We'll see if anyone starts showing any real curiosity and I can show them the way...

My wife told one of my co-workers about my use of a straight. That became an interesting conversation between myself and a few people at work. They think I am totally insane.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Yup, I get this.

The look...

Why do you bother...

It's so much troubles...

You're still alive?!

Electric is much quicker...

I hate shaving anyways...

I don't have the patience...

bah... I say, they should give it a go before giving up!

They think I am totally insane.

None of my friends or family "get it."

The big pay-off for me is when I meet someone that hasn't seen me since I started wet-shaving,
and the universal response is "Wow ... you look GOOD!"

Yeah, when I say that it:

Saves $$

Is good for the environment

And I enjoy it

people usually get it.

Not always, though.

I usually point to my face and say that this is 12+ hours growth (I shave in the evenings) , people are impressed.
I have gotten the "I am not putting that thing to my neck" stereotypical reply too.

ALWAYS gets upset at me - thinks I wil hurt myself... which I did on Sunday - but that was just me beign stupid and careless....

I try the '...its good for my soul' argument, but it never works.

Barry

A lot of my friends have replied with "a straight razor? that's so bad ***!". The ones that have that reply are looking to get into it themselves! :lol:

Top Bottom