What's new

Evolution of RAD

Okay, so I had a brief bout with RAD a couple months ago. After a couple months with my Merkur 1904, I wanted to try some different razors, and I wanted to find a couple to give to the brothers-in-law for x-mas. So I bought a couple of e-bay lots to clean up and experiment with, on the condition that I not give in to the RAD--gifts and trials only, as the wife was NOT supportive of another expensive hobby (musical instruments and homebrewing supplies are not particularly cheap). I was to pick the gifts and one for myself, put the spares on the B/S/T, and walk away ...

Well, I did so, and the "spares" got picked up immediately--first sale in minutes, last in a couple of days. And the wife took notice. She did the math, and realized that I hadn't really lost any money on the deal. I hadn't made any money either, but breaking even on an otherwise useless hobby is rare enough to gain notice (particularly in my case:001_smile). Since the cleaning/identifying/trying out razors is fun (and keeps me somewhat occupied), she has determined that I may continue playing the vintage razor game, so long as it doesn't become a financial drain.

To be fair, I probably would have done so anyway, but now I don't have to hide it quite so much. So long as the B/S/t allows me to funnel my excesses back into the cause, I'm in the clear.

So the upshot is, I don't necessarily get to keep them, but I do get to play with them, and all with the wife's approval. :w00t:

So thanks again to B&B, and the B/S/T--nicest bunch of enablers I've ever met.

Ryan

Oh, and while I'm on the subject, how do we donate to B&B, and, further, what is the standard donation when one completes a sale through the forums?

Worked out well for you! Great hobby, isn't it?

If you go to the Home page, click on More and there is a, Support B&B option. They have various levels you can choose.

Great plan for you! At least you get the thrill of buying, playing with, and selling. Afterall, the journey portion of a trip is just as good as the final destination...

Top Bottom