What's new

Dear mods...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being awkward today, especially in replying to some other people's posts. I must be in a fowl mood.

What did happen to this jaffacake2000 guy? Was he banned? Can you share why?

Thanks, and sorry for today's postings again. I'm going to find some work to do so I can be a git elsewhere.

Simon.

Sorry for being awkward today, especially in replying to some other people's posts. I must be in a fowl mood.

What did happen to this jaffacake2000 guy? Was he banned? Can you share why?

Thanks, and sorry for today's postings again. I'm going to find some work to do so I can be a git elsewhere.

Simon.

Simon,
Firstly - I think this sort of thing isn't really necessary in the public domain. Talking about why users are/were banned in public is typically a volatile topic, and can/will do only one thing - re-hash old problems. ANYTIME someone is banned, it is done so by the moderators as a team - so 20 guys essentially must pass off on it, and ANY one of the 20 mods can object, and so on and so forth, so if and when the extremely rare occasion arises when a user needs to be banned, it is usually for a VERY good reason, and a blatant violation of the gentlemanly guidelines. Remember.... if it is an outwardly mean, hostile, grave, or otherwise blatant offense - it's going to be promptly deleted from the public domain regardless (IE: let's say a user says racist remarks, and threatens the lives of several members, or something to that effect - it isn't going to be left out in the forum for all to be offended/threatened by, it will be deleted).

jaffacake2000 was banned due to repeated violations of the terms of service, the gentlemanly guidelines, and repeated requests by moderators to abide by the rules within.

In the future, it would be prudent to discuss these things VIA pm, as threads like these are festering grounds for trolls, and such.... imagine if you were jaffacake2000, you now see this thread pop up - and lets say 5-6 people now say "Well I'm glad he's gone he was an %#%%" or what have you, it'll spur jaffacake2000 to re-register on a different computer or the like in order to say his piece, and so on and so forth.

I am going to lock this thread as a precaution as I don't think any good can come from it from further discourse.

:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom