What's new

Back of neck

This is going to be an odd question. I always get ingrown hairs on the back of my neck after a haircut:mad: . I guess those little buzz shavers aren't that great.

If I could get my wife to wetshave that back of my neck once or twice a month, do you think that would eliminate that ingrown hairs?

thanks

It will if you shave WITH the grain, not against it. I shaved the back of my neck for years with a MP3 in the shower. I would invariably get an ingrown hair. Then I discovered this forum and got a better understanding of what can cause an ingrown hair.

Since then I have gone with the grain and have never had an ingown here since.

My wife does a great job shaving the back of my neck with a Feather Artist Club RG....Dry. I think she likes using the razor and it cuts fast and easy with the grain.

M

modern man

This is going to be an odd question. I always get ingrown hairs on the back of my neck after a haircut:mad: . I guess those little buzz shavers aren't that great.

If I could get my wife to wetshave that back of my neck once or twice a month, do you think that would eliminate that ingrown hairs?

thanks

Yes.

Clipper's tare me up back their too so my wife shaves it and I'm OK

My old barber used to take a strait back their and it was very nice!:thumbup1:

great advice guys. I had a feeling that shaving instead of the barber buzzing would be better.

As always a few days after the haircut I would get the bumps. It would take about a week or so for them to go away. Just in time for the next haircut and that's starts the ordeal over again.:frown:

Thanks Tim8857 for the advice on WTG.:001_smile :001_smile :001_smile :001_smile

I'm really surprised that your barber is not shaving that area instead of using the clippers! :ohmy: If you otherwise like his work then ask that he use a razor the next time, there never a reason to pay for the irritation.

thanks

I sometimes will get these bumps on back of neck from barbers using clippersk. TendSkin clears it up overnight.

I shaved the back of my neck myself with my HD without cutting myself or anything BUT

I now have a circle of about 15 raised red bumps back there. The lesson? let your wife shave it for you!

I cheated and married my barber, she does a wonderful job doing my neck with a straight razor during my weekly haircuts. One thing that surprised me talking to her though is that it is not legal on some states for barbers to use razors anymore. I have told her that those laws do not apply in my home so shave away.

Yeah old fashioned straights are some weird legal issue, they like can't sell them or something either.

I tried to do my own neck with my feather RG and while I got most of it fairly smooth and without bumps for the first time in a long time I managed to cut my neck in a few places.

wow, i could only wish. my wife wet shaves the back of my neck once a week. really helps, as there are no razor bumbs. you could also try the razor that barbers use to cut your hair. the one that gives you the messy look to your hair.

Top Bottom