What's new

A Kriegar Blade Question

I have at handa straight razor with terrible scales on it with Kriegar etched on the face of the blade. Now I recalled hearing horrible reviews on the Kriegar but decided to research it which leads to my question. Every thread I could find refered to the Kriegar as a Pakastani blade. This one however has China stamped on it. I can't post pics for several days but it says Gold Dollar to me.

Measurements:
13/16
2 3/4" Shouldered design with a full hollow grind. It is a rounded point.

The shank and tang are smooth. The shank has #KG102 CHINA stamped on it. What do you guys think?

if you post pics we can determine if this is indeed looking like a GD.
It is also possible that the razor is still Pakistan made, who stops them from tamping China on the tang?

I will but it won't be until Tuesday. The only real difference I see is the smooth shank.

Funny thread.

The thought a Pakistani blade is marked China implying a better quality blade says alot about blade manufacture and our expectations.

Just because it may be made in China doesn't mean its quality. There are several types made there. The GD is just one we are more familiar with and by the way the GD is not a quality blade. It just happens to be a mediocre blade that with work will produce a good shaving experience.

In any case Kreigar no matter where it's made has never gotten a good review anywhere.

Funny thread.

The thought a Pakistani blade is marked China implying a better quality blade says alot about blade manufacture and our expectations.

Just because it may be made in China doesn't mean its quality. There are several types made there. The GD is just one we are more familiar with and by the way the GD is not a quality blade. It just happens to be a mediocre blade that with work will produce a good shaving experience.

In any case Kreigar no matter where it's made has never gotten a good review anywhere.

Thanks. The only reason I wanted to look into it was the China stamp. Thought it was curious. I did find some Krieger picks and it looks identical except for the China stamp.

Top Bottom