What's new

Clauss USMC

I bought this razor to sell to another member, but before I do, I would like to have some sort of idea if it can be restored. I don't want him to pay for something if it is not worth it. If any different views would be more helpful, let me know. The stuff on the scales in the first picture is residue from the price sticker.

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good to mine eyes, Polish up and hone should see it working well, You know those Marines, They don't allow their name to be attached to rubbish *grin*

But...their guns and razors are made by the lowest bidder!? :tongue_sm :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, had to say it.

That's not necessarily true. They have them made by the lowest bidder who is big enough, and with a good enough reputation, to meet all their requirements. I know some defense contractors, and it's not like a small garage operation:tongue_sm

That's not necessarily true. They have them made by the lowest bidder who is big enough, and with a good enough reputation, to meet all their requirements. I know some defense contractors, and it's not like a small garage operation:tongue_sm

I live next door to General Dynamics. I know that. :001_tt2:

I just had to say it. I appreciate Clauss razors. Very good American brand if I do say so myself. I think Geneva might be a bit better with their SS line though, but Clauss made some awesome carbon steels.

I bought this razor to sell to another member, but before I do, I would like to have some sort of idea if it can be restored. I don't want him to pay for something if it is not worth it. If any different views would be more helpful, let me know. The stuff on the scales in the first picture is residue from the price sticker.

Yes it can be restored, however, if the USMC mark is what makes the razor desirable to the person purchasing, then saving the etch becomes the issue when doing any form of cleaning or restoration... The etching appears to be not very deep.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom