What's new

Simpsons vendor recommends 'paintbrush motions'

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKg5r_JkgQA[/YOUTUBE]

:confused1

Does he lack confidence in the build quality?

The weird thing is, he recommends 'paint brush motions, not circles' - but lathers cream in a bowl - in circles. :confused1

I think this guy is making "safe" recommendations. For me, massaging the lather into my beard in circular motions gives a superior prep, and going against the grain results in a superior shave with no irritation.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
It's like Land Rover advising customers to only drive their car on a nice flat road.

:yesnod:

I use only paintbrush motions after about 50 or so circular motions when face lathering. :biggrin:

Certainly if you used only paintbrush motions the brush will last probably 30 years instead of 25 years. :rolleyes:

I believe that has been Simpson's recommendation for years. He may just be following that recommendation.

This is true. Simpson recommends paint brush motions, but in all honesty feel free to use any type of motion you please
circular clockwise
circular anti clockwise
Paint left right
Paint up down
whatever... does not matter

Just let the tips do the work and you will get great lather. Just do not just too much pressure.

The only difference I find in the circles vs paint is that the paint brush style of application seems to put more lather on my face. And that's a good thing.

:thumbup1:

Since I have a beard and mustache, I mostly use the paintbrush motion to more precisely put the lather where I want it. But then I create lather in a bowl with a circular motion.

He also doesn't advocate shaving ATG - and plenty of people do that.

Besides, if no one ever abused their brush a little, there wouldn't be an excuse to buy another one.:w00t:

Top Bottom