What's new

Mitchell's Woolfat v Honeybee

I have recently acquired and used two new soaps: Mitchell's Woolfat and Honeybee Bay Rum. Both of these soaps are really high quality a provide a high quality shave and a pleasurable experience. I find the Honeybee's soap to be very moisturizing. So much so that I don't have to use any aftershave on my face with it. I also find this to be true of the Woolfat (when properly mixed) provides a perfect amount of moisture to my face.

Overall I think they are both worth investing in (especially the Mitchell's with the cool dish). I do not think however that one is not that much better than the other so if you don't want the dish go with the honeybee's. In fact I find that most of the stuff I have tried compares fairly evenly overall, but for some reason I keep wanting to experiment with new creams and new soaps.

I will have to shave with both some more times to get a more concrete opinion but as of now I like both equally.

What's your opinion of Carbolic? I emailed them asking about shipping rates and got one reply(in about 20 minutes) asking for details(which I gave) then nothing. I think it's been about 10 days.

And did the £13.99 "soap dish" come with soap? No photo, or description by Carbolic and the price difference is so great compared to other vendors.

What's your opinion of Carbolic? I emailed them asking about shipping rates and got one reply(in about 20 minutes) asking for details(which I gave) then nothing. I think it's been about 10 days.

And did the £13.99 "soap dish" come with soap? No photo, or description by Carbolic and the price difference is so great compared to other vendors.

As you can see in my picture the soap dish came with soap. I think Carbolic is a reliable place to purchase from as I got my products in the amount of time they had said before hand. I would not hesitate to purchase from them again in the future.

Jim,

Shipping was was $10 USD but that was with the woolfat bath soap as well. However, just ordering this soap w/dish with shipping would probably be around $35 total. Not to bad when you consider this same item costs $63 USD from smallflower before shipping. I believe that this soap w/ this dish cannot be found cheaper anywhere else.

You can buy the same soap from kentbrushes for about $20 USD shipped but you won't get an awesome jar to go along with it.

As you can see in my picture the soap dish came with soap. I think Carbolic is a reliable place to purchase from as I got my products in the amount of time they had said before hand. I would not hesitate to purchase from them again in the future.

Jim,

Shipping was was $10 USD but that was with the woolfat bath soap as well. However, just ordering this soap w/dish with shipping would probably be around $35 total. Not to bad when you consider this same item costs $63 USD from smallflower before shipping. I believe that this soap w/ this dish cannot be found cheaper anywhere else.

You can buy the same soap from kentbrushes for about $20 USD shipped but you won't get an awesome jar to go along with it.

Chris

I do have the Kent version already ,so its the ceramic pot that I was interested in.
Thanks,

Hi All: I will, as of next week, be carrying Mitchells' Woolfat Shaving Soap. I also will be carrying the infamous ceramic bowl.
I look forward to hearing feedback on this soap.
Thank you,
Lee

The soap itself will sell for $20.50
The bowl with soap will sell for $64.00
These are the "new" prices as of 3/1/07

I will take orders now.

This message should probably be in the shopping forum. If that's the case, please move.
Thank you,
Lee

Hi All: I will, as of next week, be carrying Mitchells' Woolfat Shaving Soap. I also will be carrying the infamous ceramic bowl.
I look forward to hearing feedback on this soap.
Thank you,
Lee

Do I see a new combo in the works?
How about:
Brand New Merkur Safety Razor
with
Mitchells' Woolfat Shaving Soap & Ceramic Bowl.
Hint Hint:rolleyes:

I ordered the Mitchell's from Carbolic Soap Co. By far the cheapest I was able to find it. It took about 8 days to arrive.

http://www.carbolicsoap.com/mitchells-shaving-p-995.html

Chris

+1, I also purchased my Mitchell's Wool Fat soap and Dish from James at Carbolic Soap Co. The Dish comes with the soap. He was Great, excellent communication and pretty fast shipping. I think it took 9 days for me to get mine.

I ordered the Ceramic dish which comes with the soap and an extra puck of soap for $48 including shipping. :biggrin:

Top Bottom