What's new

100% Shea Butter

It takes a little time to break it down and spread on the face but it sure does feel good. It makes the face feel "greasy" to touch, yet shiny and moisturized. Good for the winter. A nice, cheap, honest moisturizer. Can't complain about that. What say you?

i've heard good things about shea butter. i use a salve from wintersong soap company. all natural and does a good job. it too leaves the face greasy to touch and moisturized. i stopped for a reason i can't remember.i thought i would try it again now that i do de shaving...especially since i have 3 brand new containers. i got one version that i stronly beleives irritates my skin.

It takes a little time to break it down and spread on the face but it sure does feel good. It makes the face feel "greasy" to touch, yet shiny and moisturized. Good for the winter. A nice, cheap, honest moisturizer. Can't complain about that. What say you?

how are you breaking it down?

I have some and use it if my skin is very dry. I'll rub some in at night and let it soak in. If I use it too regularly I get irritation. Good stuff though

how are you breaking it down?

Just rubbing it in the palm of my hands and spreading around my face about a minute.

It also works well on chapped lips.

And it's better for pores than cocoa butter.

Also I heard Cary Grant used it on his mug.

I put a layer of L'Occitane CADE youth concentrate on first then layer the shea butter on top of it before bed. Particularly after a no-shave day, it really moisturizes like nothing else, and the beard is very soft come morning.

In case you didn't know, the CADE AS Balm contains some shea butter. Not enough to make it greasy unless you use to much, though.

shea clogs pores

Upon what do you base this statement? I did a little poking around and couldn't find anything that indicated shea butter is a comedogenic ingredient. If you can offer some information that would shed some light on the subject, I would be interested to see it.

I've found unrefined shea butter to be the best for skin. The refining process removes many of the beneficial elements, leaving a basic skin softener. If you use the unrefined shea butter, it also acts as a natural way to help heal skin, due to the vitamins and other natural nutrients found in it. It does wonders for a friend of mine's eczema, which is almost completely healed since she's been using it regularly. It can also help bumps and rashes disappear quickier, as well as sooth and help heal minor cuts and shaving nicks faster. A quick google search of the benefits of unrefined shea butter will reveal many testemonials, many similar to those of my own experiences. Like anything, YMMV, but you never know 'til you try.

Top Bottom