What's new

How many passes

I'm still new to DE shaving. Have shaved with it about 6 times so far.

If i leave my stubble for 2 days, i find i need at least 3 passes.

If i leave my stubble for 4 days like i did today even after 5 passes there were patches left (used a new blade too)...ended up cleaning up with my fusion

How many passes do mos people find they need?

Depends on the final goal:
DFS 3 passes
BBS 5 passes
Also for me depends on shaving based on growth direction IE WTG, ATG, XTG or cutting method forms.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
3 passes and then some blade brushing in odd spots. Aside from the blade brushing I do long smooth strokes rather than the short strokes that seem to be the general practice.

I'm fairly new to it, but I find I can do one WTG and one ATG with some touch ups and get a very nice shave. I think my technique has improved to the point where I will add a XTG in between.

2.5 passes for a Great Shave using Diplomat (read mild shave)

Ear to Chin

Shoulder to Chin.

Rough spots below jaw line.

6 months of shaving every day.

Usually I end up with either three or four passes. If four, the passes are WTG, XTG, XTG the other way and then ATG. With three passes I sometimes do WTG, XTG and XTG, or more often WTG, XTG and ATG.

The four pass version works better with more growth, and the WTG and XTG twice variant works when trying to be extra careful (eg. the next shave after trying something stupid :blushing:).

I do 4 passes in all for a BBS
2 WTG
1 XTG
and 1 ATG, plus some touch ups (like under my chin)

I have tough beard so a while ago I started doing 2 WTG (I thought it was not necessary), but it proved to work better that way.

i tend to shave every other day. every day is overkill for me because i don't have stubble that comes in that fast or noticeable. it also irritates my skin.

i also don't wait 4 days or longer because then i need to intervene with a cartridge, and it wrecks the experience.

if i leave it for 2 days i can do 2 passes and 1 touchup.

Seriously, I may not a good as most but sometimes 3, (at least) plus many more and touch up. 6 or 7 is not uncommon depending on my lather and such. I'll even use different razors in the same shave. Unless I'm in a hurrry I like a BBS shave.

DFS-3 passes at least for me

Top Bottom