What's new

What to look for at Whole Foods

Okay, so after work tomorrow we are going to go to Whole Foods. I've been there a couple times since they opened up close to us. However, we havent been there in a while and have finally decided to go again. SO....what should I look for or think about getting there since I know a lot of you go. Food, soaps, drinks, whatever it is.

For shaving things... Kiss My Face and Toms of Maine are both highly regarded.

For food... They have some Raspberry yogurt covered pretzles in the bulk food area that I think are great. But that is definately a YMMV food item.

As previously mentioned, Kiss My Face and Tom's of Maine are very good. See if they have Thayer's Witch Hazel and maybe J/a/s/o/n "Witchvera."

--Mark

Is this a trick question? :biggrin: Man, I'm glad that place is about 45 minutes away from me, as I would be BROKE if it was any closer!

As Mark said, they have KMF, Tom's, Herban Cowboy (if you can get by the name), Weleda, and sometimes Burt's Bees. They also have some soaps in other sections that are glycerin-based, and even though they aren't specifically labelled "shaving" soap, I'll bet they would work.

As for the other stuff, of course the produce is spectacular, they have an extensive stock of wine, cheeses, etc. Black wax cheddar is yummy! Derby cheese with sage!

Now not all locations will carry the same things, but you might find some of these things! Enjoy!

My local Whole Foods (five minutes away from me) doesn't have Tom's of Maine shave creams, although it carries other Tom's products. I would suggest looking at some of the bar soaps while you are there because many are totally natural as in the goats milk varieties.

For that matter, you and your's might want to plan to eat while you are there, either at the one of the bars or simply grabbing what you want from the steam tables.

Okay, so after work tomorrow we are going to go to Whole Foods... SO....what should I look for or think about getting there since I know a lot of you go. Food, soaps, drinks, whatever it is.

Well, when I go to the Whole Foods here in Boca Raton, FL, I go mid-morning, and I look for the women. They're such hotties down here -- even the middle-aged ones -- and it's like Dolly Parton said: "I don't think I'll ever graduate from collagen."

Hey, you asked!

:whistling:

OK, seriously? Bulk grains, honey, tahina, hummous... but the truth is that other than the real "health foods" (whole grains, etc.), it's a rip-off -- the prices are high, even with the economy-of-scale they have -- and you can cook/make/bake most of the stuff at home, for less, and it'll taste a lot better.

Besides, their breads have little-if-any crust, and aren't much better than what's on the supermarket shelf... it's the same with most other items. But the women... for everything else, there's MasterCard

Well, when I go to the Whole Foods here in Boca Raton, FL, I go mid-morning, and I look for the women. They're such hotties down here -- even the middle-aged ones -- and it's like Dolly Parton said: "I don't think I'll ever graduate from collagen."

Hey, you asked!

:whistling:

And that would just get me into trouble. :lol: However, I did notice that the last time I was there. :lol:

Well, this is maybe of much smaller importance after the post about checking out the women there but they do have rather good prices on milk there.
Steve

A couple of excellent shave soaps that have not been mentioned are Pre de Provence Shea Butter shave soap and Provence Sante shave soaps. Both are excellent and overlooked.

A couple of excellent shave soaps that have not been mentioned are Pre de Provence Shea Butter shave soap and Provence Sante shave soaps. Both are excellent and overlooked.

Do you know where typically these are in the store?

I checked my local store and only saw the stuff mentioned above (kmf, tom's of maine, herban cowboy, weleda, burt's bees).

Next time the wife and I are in FL we'll be buying our milk exclusively from Whole Foods. We've really gone off regular milk here in the UK becuase of concern about how much hormone is in the stuff. Organic milk will have a lower hormone content as the cows are not fed hormones. Their milk yield falls from 6000 litres per annum to about 4000 litres. I understand that milk production in the US also utilises Growth Hormones. I really do not want to be drinking that stuff, neither does the wife, and we sure as hell won't be giving it to our little boy (due in 11 weeks now....)

I'm not criticising US milk production, we do the same thing here in the EU (although the EU bans use of growth hormones.)

Starbucks have pledged to increase their use of organic milk so I presume there is enough concern to shift the big corporations to action.

So, get organic milk, yoghurt, butter, cream, cheese, etc.

Simon.

P.S. We're not organic addicts, but do believe strongly on this one.

i worked for over a year as a manufacturer representative for the following companies. i spent alot of time getting in new sku's for these companies, and getting more shelf space. needless to say, i spent a lot of time at whole foods- and i can say there are plenty of great foods there.

proxy.php

Do you know where typically these are in the store?

I checked my local store and only saw the stuff mentioned above (kmf, tom's of maine, herban cowboy, weleda, burt's bees).

In our store, some are with shaving stuff, but some are in with other hand and body soaps (look for the bottles of hand soap and shampoo, and you might find some of these.)

This might be a little out of theme but Scotto's SOTD post got me thinking about drinks or nibbles to enjoy (safetly!!) during a long, quality shave.

I sometimes pick up a pack of their mini cinnamon crumb cake rounds (about 1" across and 1/2 1" high) from the bakery section and enjoy them with a cup of the Silver Pine tea that QED Charles sells. Very yummy!

Top Bottom