What's new

In Praise of Japanese Aftershaves

Vic that is outstanding. Is the Man domain cream the same scent as their A/S?
My take is that the cream isn;t the same sort of "slap you in the face, and light your pants on fire with a 6 shooter" that MANDOM aftershave, the cream has more of the mandarin overtones, with less of the jet fuel basenotes you have in the AS. It'll keep you stinkin' long time.Here's a pic I took out the window as I was landing today in the land of MANDOM.

Attachments

• $fuji landing.jpg
    $fuji landing.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
I tried Lucido for the first time today and I am hooked! It's definitely going to be a staple in my den, now i just gotta try more Japanese AS.

My take is that the cream isn;t the same sort of "slap you in the face, and light your pants on fire with a 6 shooter" that MANDOM aftershave, the cream has more of the mandarin overtones, with less of the jet fuel basenotes you have in the AS. It'll keep you stinkin' long time.Here's a pic I took out the window as I was landing today in the land of MANDOM.

Beautiful pic. How I miss it....

Just went to the local drugstore and picked up some Bravas and Auslese for under 2k yenjamins. Bravas is definatley a win (reminds me of 4711 kinda) Auslese is a fail in my opinion.

Over a year ago I wasn't impressed with the Bravas, but on a whim, I decided to splash some on today, and I'm very impressed. It's stepped into the special circle of regular AS now I think.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Such a bummer those are not widely distributed! They would sell like hot cakes!

No kidding. I just realized that I have PiF'd so many of my aftershaves that I'm down to a bottle each of Mandom. Tactics and Lucido. I need to restock!

My wife is going back home to the Land of the Rising Sun next month. She doesn't know it yet, but she's bringing me back some more Lucido and maybe some Bravas...

I just ordered some Bravas, thanks to this thread. I've never been yet, but if everything works out I'll soon end up in a line of work that pays well enough for me to vacation wherever I'd like - and Japan is #1 on that list (I'm only in it for the sashimi and the aftershave - oh, who am I kidding?)!

My take is that the cream isn;t the same sort of "slap you in the face, and light your pants on fire with a 6 shooter" that MANDOM aftershave, the cream has more of the mandarin overtones, with less of the jet fuel basenotes you have in the AS. It'll keep you stinkin' long time.

All this talk of the Mandom cream made me buy some. Luckily I can get Amazon to deliver to my office, then sneakily bring it home and add it to the pile....

The jig'll be up as soon as you slap on some of that MANDOM goodness.

SWMBO:"What's that smell?"

You: "What smell?"

SWMBO:"Did you accidentally pour gasoline on a bowl of mandarin oranges?"

You: "Err....umm......"

SWMBO: "What's that you're hiding in your sock drawer?!"

You: "Oh, umm....er...."

SWMBO: "It didn't smell like that around here before your shower & shave.........Hmmmmmm...........YOU'VE BEEN ORDERING MORE SHAVE STUFF, HAVEN'T YOU!?"

You: "Ah,well....umm.....but......."

The jig'll be up as soon as you slap on some of that MANDOM goodness.

SWMBO:"What's that smell?"

You: "What smell?"

SWMBO:"Did you accidentally pour gasoline on a bowl of mandarin oranges?"

You: "Err....umm......"

SWMBO: "What's that you're hiding in your sock drawer?!"

You: "Oh, umm....er...."

SWMBO: "It didn't smell like that around here before your shower & shave.........Hmmmmmm...........YOU'VE BEEN ORDERING MORE SHAVE STUFF, HAVEN'T YOU!?"

You: "Ah,well....umm.....but......."

That could prove to be remarkably accurate. Maybe I should run all future purchases by you first, so I can mentally prepare myself for when SWMBO gets home and sees more stuff. :001_unsur

Top Bottom