What's new

In Praise of Japanese Aftershaves

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I have to bump this thread up because it contain good information and again, Japanese Aftershaves are great to use if you never did! If you use them already, you know what I'm talking about! They are difficult to find but if you can try one, you should jump on the occasion!

I have to bump this thread up because it contain good information and again, Japanese Aftershaves are great to use if you never did! If you use them already, you know what I'm talking about! They are difficult to find but if you can try one, you should jump on the occasion!

Good thinking! I almost started a Mandom thread yesterday just to get some conversation going again on the Japanese stuff...

I always look out for this thread! Used the Lucido a few times over the weekend, quality stuff as always. Actually, it was the Lucido mild as the proper stuff ran out. Also have a bottle of the Lucido "anti-aging" or something like that, which i'll use when the mild runs out!

Luc

Staff member
I'm out of Japanese AS at the moment but the next buy are going to be Mandom, Lucido and MG5... Probably 2 bottles each...

I tried 9'Oclock thanks to Luc and the Aussie Traveling box. Good stuff, but I was a little disappointed that it wasn't more exotic, more Japanese. I don't know what I was expecting and I have no clue what I mean by "Japanese" in an aftershave. It was good, however and I'd certainly add it to my collection of foreign toiletries that you can't get in Aus (currently two items :lol:) if I saw it. Maybe when the next person I know goes to Japan I'll see what they can pick up...

Luc

Staff member
I tried 9'Oclock thanks to Luc and the Aussie Traveling box. Good stuff, but I was a little disappointed that it wasn't more exotic, more Japanese. I don't know what I was expecting and I have no clue what I mean by "Japanese" in an aftershave. It was good, however and I'd certainly add it to my collection of foreign toiletries that you can't get in Aus (currently two items :lol:) if I saw it. Maybe when the next person I know goes to Japan I'll see what they can pick up...

Try wasabi!

I just got my first bottle of Lucido from Royal Shave and tried it out this morning. I loved it! I've been looking for a scentless or short lived scent aftershave so that I can wear cologne without clashing. This morning was only my first use, but I may have found the ONE.

I got a bottle of Mandom a month or so ago at a B&B meetup. I have to say, it's got great skin conditioning qualities for me...and the gf loves the smell. Always a plus!

How does Mandom compare to Speick? that's the only splash I have and tried. Is Mandom's smell light or overpowering? Thanks in advance.

MANDOM is like getting slapped in the face by Charles Bronson, and then having him douse you in lighter fluid and ignite you with a blazing six shooter.

Not for the faint of heart!

Top Bottom