What's new

In Praise of Japanese Aftershaves

FYI:

Lucido line is available in Mitsuwa market in Edgewater, NJ.

The sensitive is some DAMN fine after shave. I suspect the regular is as well. However, I only use the sensitive on my neck. Occasionally all over if i had a rough shave.

You should try all the ones you mentioned. I don't exactly know what the deal is with Kanwa. Maybe it's made for the barber industry. Anyway, the ones that they have in the stores are good enough that you'll never miss it. Keep an eye out for 9 O'Clock too.

Just in case you were interested, Feather advised me that Kanwa isn't sold by them direct to customers, only to companies and barbershop suppliers and the like. That said, they gave me a link to buy online at rakuten and suggested i speak to local barbers, as they might be willing to sell/order me some.

FYI:

Lucido line is available in Mitsuwa market in Edgewater, NJ.

The sensitive is some DAMN fine after shave. I suspect the regular is as well. However, I only use the sensitive on my neck. Occasionally all over if i had a rough shave.

Haven't tried the sensitive one, but the regular one does an excellent job on my occasionally tender neck areas!

Haven't tried the sensitive one, but the regular one does an excellent job on my occasionally tender neck areas!

The sensitive is really nice. Has a nice after cooling effect with this really peculiar moisturizer. Leaves your skin feeling moisturized but not greasy. I use it as my all over after shave at night for the moisturizing aspect and the low scent level. For whatever reason I can't sleep if i use a full scented after shave.

I've tried it. They have it Japanese markets, I didn't think it was as great as the classic Lucido AS. Plus it was in a plastic bottle, that's a big No-No.

I got it to try today, along with the MG5 skin conditioner which i hadn't seen before.

I have to say, it's very weird to see aftershaves in big 2 litre plastic bottles. They had Auslese and Bravas in the place i went to today!

I got it to try today, along with the MG5 skin conditioner which i hadn't seen before.

I have to say, it's very weird to see aftershaves in big 2 litre plastic bottles. They had Auslese and Bravas in the place i went to today!

2 litres is a week's supply for Nid Hog. And they put it in plastic for me on account of my butter fingers.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Anyone got an ingredient list of those AS to update Wiki?

2 litres is a week's supply for Nid Hog. And they put it in plastic for me on account of my butter fingers.

A week? I can't scrimp like that!

I'm in Japan now, so I'm off to the store to do some aftershave shopping tonight. I'm not going to go crazy until I get to Tokyo where there is a new/retro one called "Burley" that I'm going to check out.

A week? I can't scrimp like that!

I'm in Japan now, so I'm off to the store to do some aftershave shopping tonight. I'm not going to go crazy until I get to Tokyo where there is a new/retro one called "Burley" that I'm going to check out.

Wasn't "Burley" your nickname in high school?

How'd the hunt go? Find anything interesting?

I am trying to sell a used bottle of Bravas on the BST forum, and there has been zero point zero interest thus far. I thought I'd mention it here before I pull the listing, close the post, and treat my toilet to some praiseworthy AS splash.

I am trying to sell a used bottle of Bravas on the BST forum, and there has been zero point zero interest thus far. I thought I'd mention it here before I pull the listing, close the post, and treat my toilet to some praiseworthy AS splash.

Bravas is nice stuff, if i didn't already have a bottle and easy access to it i would have taken it off your hands. Can't believe nobody is interested!

Don't throw it out--PiF it to somebody. The shaving gods look favorably on those who conserve AS.

Wasn't "Burley" your nickname in high school?

How'd the hunt go? Find anything interesting?

Burley? More like Lumpy.

I picked up a bottle of Tactics AS (I got the EdT and some kind of body splash by mistake last summer) and a bottle of MG5 for everyday use. I'm going to Tokyo in two weeks, so I'll check for the Burley then.

Burley? More like Lumpy.

I picked up a bottle of Tactics AS (I got the EdT and some kind of body splash by mistake last summer) and a bottle of MG5 for everyday use. I'm going to Tokyo in two weeks, so I'll check for the Burley then.

I love the MG5!
Tactics always seems really expensive to me though, so i can't bring myself to buy it. How much did you pay for it? (if you don't mind my asking)

I think I paid around Y1400 for it. It retails for Y1500, but the shopkeeper knocked about ¥100 off because I had bought some other stuff the day before.

Top Bottom