What's new

Aluminum free unscented deodorant?

So I try to avoid aluminum in deodorant but it seems like all unscented deodorants in the drug store are anti-perspirants with aluminum. Anyone know of an unscented aluminum free deodorant so it wont clash with my colognes

So I try to avoid aluminum in deodorant but it seems like all unscented deodorants in the drug store are anti-perspirants with aluminum. Anyone know of an unscented aluminum free deodorant so it wont clash with my colognes

Any deodorant that is not also an antiperspirant will be aluminum free.

Arm & Hammer makes a couple of varieties and any major drug store or supermarket should carry at least one of them.

There are unscented deoderants made with alum; I don't know if that would really be considered aluminum-free, though.

I was thinking of this stuff:

http://www.thecrystal.com/

I think the "crystal" is really just an alum block.

I have to confess that I really don't know the relationship between alum and aluminum, so I don't know if it meets the OP's needs.

It is. Some of their products are ammonium alum and some are potassium alum. I use the following which is potassium alum: http://www.deodorantstones.com/. I have heard that the potassium alum is best for shaving (better astringency property?) but have no experience with the ammonium alum so can't say for sure.

In any case, the potassium alum that I use works great for both shaving and as a deodorant.

I purchased some deodorant from Nancy Boy last week. The package arrived earlier in the week and I used it 1-2 times. Mine is the signature scent but their website indicates that they have an unscented version. Here's the ingrediants form the unscented:

INGREDIENTS: Aloe vera, sea kelp extract, witch hazel hydrosol, glycerin, hops, grapefruit seed extract, chamomile.

It's pricy at $14 but it's a spray that you don't need much of for it to work (2-3 sprays each side) so expect it will last a while. So far I found it to be quality like their soaps and shave cream.

I also use Tom's. Be sure to buy the long-lasting one. The regular doesn't work as well. If there is a Bed Bath and Beyond in your area, they usually have the best prices on this.

I believe KMF and Jason also make aluminum free unscented deodorants. Usually these are sold at Whole Foods and small health food stores.

Never tried a deodorant stone.

Have you been into Lush?
All their stuff is natural and I'm pretty sure they do a nice aluminum free coconut deoderant for guys.

I use Tom's of Maine unscented and aluminum free.

+1 ... I was going to suggest this as well.

If there is a Trader Joe's near you, check out their house-brand deodorant. They also carry their own brand of toothpaste, shaving cream, soaps, shampoos, detergents, etc. Its all good stuff.

Their deodorant is about half the price compared to Tom's of Maine, and in addition, it has tiny cotton fibers embedded in it that will help to keep you dry, too.

I used Tom's of Maine for over a year, then out of nowhere it started giving me a burning rash. Too bad for me :(

It might sound odd, but if you want a quick and easy deodorant you can actually use Baking Soda. Mix it with an equal quantity of cornstarch and you can either apply dry or with a moist cloth. You can make your own scents by adding essential oils or essences.

Of course, it doesn't STOP sweating but it really works at prevent smell. It has saved me many a time. As always, YMMV. :-D

G

greenlover

Alum and aluminum are totally different. Alum is not toxic at all. So a good Mineral Salts deodorant stone is the safest (totally non toxic) and most effective deodorant you can get.

When sweat leaves your body it is odorless and sterile. When it comes into contact with the bacteria on your skin it cause the bacteria to multiply and that creates the odor. Bacteria can not thrive in the mineral salts environment and therefor no smell. It works like magic. I found a really good deal on a great product a 4.25oz for only $4.95 (lowest price I could find) and they last over a year. It's at http://www.greenvirginproducts.com. They even have a 30 day money back policy.

Just go to any health food store and get a deodorant stone. They usually cost around $6.00, but should last about a year.

Yeah, they're the same as the alum block, but their usually somewhat round. I've used the deodorant stones for well over 15 years, they work great. You can even get some small ones in their own tube for travel.

I wouldn't use anything else. They take care of any odor what so ever, and even control wetness. :thumbup1:

I use Task Essential. Aluminum Free, Alcohol Free, Paraben Free. There is indeed a scent to it, but I believe it is classified as unscented.

I tried the "unscented" Tom's of Main deodorant but found the scent got way too raunchy towards the end.

I now use one of those crystal deodorant things and it works wonders, truly unscented.

Top Bottom