What's new

What's your workout today? - December 09

Biked 25 miles. It was great until I turned around and I was on my home and it started pouring. Didn't help that it was 38 degrees. :boat::velva2:

20 minutes upright bike, 10 minutes full body stretching, 10 minutes watching girls stretch, 20 minutes steam room. I'll do weights tommorow.

I gotta make longer workouts since it is going down to like -38 degree here these last few days and they have heated underground parking at the gym so I can warm up my car and melt all the ice off of it.

But I've been really slacking the last year and am trying to get back into it and maintain a steady workout schedule. It's hard to get motivated to go at first but you're so glad after you do, it really is a strange feeling, almost like a mild euphoria I find sitting there stretching after a hard workout, with all the endorphins and such that they say exercise produces.

I am going to run 5.5 to 6 miles this evening. I don't work out as much as I should. I run three to four times a week, but I should do some push ups or some sort of strength exercise since I don't have a gym membership.

Today:Shoveling a driveway that is way to big and was covered w/ wet, heavy snow.
Tommorow: Hopefully something more fun.

To the above poster, good to see a fellow runner. I gotta admit I cut back quite a bit w/ it getting dark by the time I get home from work and I HATE the treadmill. Longest I've run is 10.25 miles, i'm hopin for a half-marathon in the not too distant future.

BTW, if you can't join a gym, this should help in the meantime http://coachlevi.com/bodyweight-exercise-collection/

Last edited:
Today:Shoveling a driveway that is way to big and was covered w/ wet, heavy snow.
Tommorow: Hopefully something more fun.

To the above poster, good to see a fellow runner. I gotta admit I cut back quite a bit w/ it getting dark by the time I get home from work and I HATE the treadmill. Longest I've run is 10.25 miles, i'm hopin for a half-marathon in the not too distant future.

BTW, if you can't join a gym, this should help in the meantime http://coachlevi.com/bodyweight-exercise-collection/

I'd like to train for a marathon, but I don't really have the time. Of course that's a BS excuse, because I could make the time, but I'm not a get out of bed and go for a run type of guy and I work and go to school and am tired in the evening. For a while I was running six miles a day, every day, but I tripled my load in school and have cut back to my present routine. I actually like running at night because I run over the Brooklyn Bridge and there is a much smaller crowd in the evening than there is during the day.

Thanks for the links. I bookmarked them and will get around to looking at them in the near future. The problem is that I'm just lazy. I lifted weights consistently for years, but it was because I had a lot of free time and the gym was in my parents house (where I lived at the time), so I could just go in and get it done whenever. When I moved away from home, I did push ups regularly, but in the last year and a half I've gotten away from that, as well. I actually don't like strength training that much. I get the endorphin kick from running and feel great afterwards, but with strength training I just wind up sore. That said, one of these days I will make an effort to take it up again.

Top Bottom